Author Topic: New slot mechanic  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New slot mechanic
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »
I find that you give too much credits to pubbies, do you seriously think they'll all gang up the plate wearer? Nah, they'll all gang up the little peasant to get more and easy kills.

Also, depending on how the devs balance this shit if they ever implement it, I don't think it would screw cavs unless you went plated charged in black armor.

Honestly, I say the devs are more likely to screw cavalry several times over more than my suggestion.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 11:55:09 pm »
Also, depending on how the devs balance this shit if they ever implement it, I don't think it would screw cavs unless you went plated charged in black armor.

Honestly, I say the devs are more likely to screw cavalry several times over more than my suggestion.

:lol:

Patricia....are you by any chance a female in real life ? Or you're just role-playing ?  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:24 am »
I find that you give too much credits to pubbies, do you seriously think they'll all gang up the plate wearer? Nah, they'll all gang up the little peasant to get more and easy kills.

Not if they want a multiplier, which I find many pub players (maybe its because theyre the better ones) generally do. I know that if I see a shiny back in front of me, I run up to it and go crazy instead of running off and screwing over the scythe swinging peasant.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 12:09:56 am »
  :lol:

Patricia....are you by any chance a female in real life ? Or you're just role-playing ?  :wink:

You hittin' on me, dawg?!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 12:29:51 am »
Not to mention that xbows and longbows, agi characters using high damage pierce weapons, and cavalry can destroy the black plate turtles with such relative ease that most people find plate in general not worth using, except for lulz. Oh, and all of the above counters are rather common nowadays, just fyi. And if for some reason those arent present, teamwork beats plate wearers as the slow bastards are the easiest thing to spot, encircle, and flank. Best of all, the big shiny armor is a great visual cue for pubs to realize that they need to focus their melee attacks on the tin can

more often than not, this isnt the case.  tincans rape.  the team with the most nearly always wins.  loljumpslashing cav and all it takes it 1 hit on an agiwhore to decapitate his ass. 

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 12:48:01 am »
Everyone is running around with enough money to buy masterworked weapons @ 1,3 million gold  FALSE, do you Really think upkeep is a problem anymore?

And why, yes I want them to disappear completely.

The WPF penalty is also not enough to make any sort of difference. FALSE

Please stop the BS... Heavy armors slow you down like fuck, both in movement and swing speed. It's literally safer to take a lighter armor when you have to face ranged spam (dodging). Furthermore, have you ever looked at the market ? Yes ? Look closer. Only a few archers have that much money, and the market only shows unsuccessfull, trololo overpriced offers (you never played any game with an auction hall ?). Most of the deals that really happen usually have one heirloom point equivalent to less than 275k gold.

And for the middle part, it's your opinion. Everyone I read here agrees the mod is better with more diversity.

About your build, it's actually better for you to wear light or medium armors. Heavy armors are only (barely though) useful to spam builds like 15/24 or 16/24 (16 for plate and various high tier weps and helms).

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 12:58:30 am »
more often than not, this isnt the case.  tincans rape.  the team with the most nearly always wins.  loljumpslashing cav and all it takes it 1 hit on an agiwhore to decapitate his ass.

Are you EU? Because the only time I've seen consistent tin can rape is when Occitan shows up in bulk, and I usually attribute that more to teamplay. When pubs wear plate, I usually see them wander around more or less alone, making them easy to target and avoid, lance, or gang up on. And no self respecting cav player lets himself get loljumpslashed by a tin can.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 01:00:04 am »
I suggest you buy plate armor and demonstrate how OP it is, maybe your claims have a bit more weight then. Don't you think there is a reason why tincans have become a rare sight?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 01:30:05 am »
You hittin' on me, dawg?!

Only if you're EU.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 02:49:50 am »
I'm afraid that I'm an americunt french canadian.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 03:26:30 am »
Please stop the BS... Heavy armors slow you down like fuck, both in movement and swing speed. It's literally safer to take a lighter armor when you have to face ranged spam (dodging). Furthermore, have you ever looked at the market ? Yes ? Look closer. Only a few archers have that much money, and the market only shows unsuccessfull, trololo overpriced offers (you never played any game with an auction hall ?). Most of the deals that really happen usually have one heirloom point equivalent to less than 275k gold.

And for the middle part, it's your opinion. Everyone I read here agrees the mod is better with more diversity.

About your build, it's actually better for you to wear light or medium armors. Heavy armors are only (barely though) useful to spam builds like 15/24 or 16/24 (16 for plate and various high tier weps and helms).

I use heavy armor in my strength build, and I'm still fast enough both in movement or attack speed to kill anyone and depending on the kind of plate I use, the additional weight wouldn't be nearly enough to impair my abilities to run and kill shit.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 03:40:53 am »
I've not read anything in this thread that properly argues for a radically new slot system.  There've been sporadic attempts at parts of a real argument but no proper arguments so far.  Here's a template to follow in the future:

(click to show/hide)