Author Topic: High Quality OSP Armour Request  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: High Quality OSP Armour Request
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 03:32:52 am »
???thefuck?

It´s kinda obvious it´s hardened leather squares stitched to a normal Shirt.The Second one has some mail at the breast and the shoulders, and a normal thick jacket.The last one has mail AND hardened leather squares.

looks really like armors mercenarys and people with not so much money used in war...
Yes, the leather padding is rather obvious but the reason I said plates was to give the texturer the benefit of the doubt; leather was never used as armor (only as backing and perhaps sometimes to protect against the elements) and these armors make no sense whatsoever, what you're describing only drives this even further into the realm of fantasy. Feel very free to try to provide sources to the contrary - I know many people are attached to the idea of Medieval leather armor from popular culture - but you'll find there's no support for this in neither the archaeological nor the historical record.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 02:28:40 pm »
Green? All I see is brown, light brown, and the grey chain.

/what happens when I start mentioning I see green things

Btw Bjord I still love you and I still am not a frenchie and I never ate any frog or frog leg. Maybe I should move to france and eat frogs though, just to satisfy the consensus about this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:31:54 pm by Kafein »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:01:41 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die