Author Topic: [Community discussion] What can be improved on Strategus  (Read 20767 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: [Community discussion] What can be improved on Strategus
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2016, 12:16:18 am »
Oh  :P everything works as intended

I wish it was the case  :P 
Still got some things to fix under the hood... I am itching to publish the new changelog, but I want EVERYTHING to be deployed and correctly applied... Sorry for the delay, since I was already talking about the patch a week ago  :?

I also have made great progress on the new Strategus map, you will love it. I dont think it will be used before round 7 though, so when I show it it will only be a sneak peek.
Most of the things that will be done round 6 are hotfixes and stop gap measures that should encourage people to play a little bit more, in an optimal fashion, within the restricted circumstance of old strategus.
The big beasts will be for later.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2016, 05:18:06 pm »
+2
Sorry guys for the wait again... I'm waiting like you! Chy and I made a couple changes to encourage more interesting battles, and at the same time make it work for the few that still plays  :)
When it is released we will post a changelog that describe what happened in details.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2017, 09:57:17 pm »
+1
giv startgeus a bigger benin
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2017, 05:40:20 pm »
Needs moar chadzians

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2017, 08:22:52 am »
+4
I think:

Let's move faster.  It takes too long to trade and buy gear at different fiefs.

Fuck this all or nothing battle scheme.  If timer runs out, let's keep our troops and unspent arms.  Let a retreat be a retreat.  If you have a bad roster, you retreat but you keep most of your troops and gear.  Perhaps 3/4 of your men escape while the remaining quarter have to fight.

Capping the flags is a rout, and the entire army is wiped (as is current).  Perhaps it should take 10 minutes to retreat so people don't retreat seconds before the flags are capped.

Give gold rewards for mercs.  And make it based on placement.  That way top players may fight for the underdog to get more gold. 1st on the losing team pays better than 3rd on the winning team.

Villages, castle and towns are all the same now.  Villages should not have garrisons, while castles should not sell or buy.  Only cities should be able to do both.

I also think villages should be 'buy fiefs' while cities should be 'sell fiefs'.  A person should be able to make money taking stuff from their village to sell in the city.  Traders can make more money by selling further away, but this game should not rely on long distance traders for the economy.  Actually, owners of villages should get their goods for free and sell to the cities, with surplus going to the town centre where traders can buy it.  So, S&D builds up till a lord brings it to the city.  He gets his goods for free, while the city owner collects the taxes.  Traders can buy at the town centre for a slightly higher than market value and still get the distance bonus, which means more income for the buying town.

Ok, this is getting complex.  So I'll stop now.  But I have many ideas concerning economy and warfare, but have no idea of what is possible and what isn't.  So I'll shut up now.