Author Topic: cRPG Singleplayer  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
cRPG Singleplayer
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:15:29 am »
+1
clickbait title  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Question to someone with experience in M&B modding: how hard and time consuming would it be to "convert" cRPG into Warband campaign? Seems fairly simple since everything is already done, all it takes is to replace all the Native assets (animations, items, combat system and its calculations etc.) and replace them with cRPG ones. Then I'd have to create custom factions based on cRPG clans, custom troops for each of the clans (Krems' recruit is a lederhosen peasant with a beer mug, some other clan's top unit is a spamming 2h hero macrowhore and so on), custom hero companions, custom map to house much more factions would also help. DTV units would also find their place in cRPG USA (Unofficial Singleplayer Something that starts with A). The biggest difficulty is that I don't even know where to begin  :?

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: cRPG Singleplayer
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 10:37:56 am »
Why would you convert cRPG to SP if cRPG's main purpose is being a multiplayer?
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:20:32 am »
+2
crpg used to have sp mode,  devs let it fall when micromanagement of items became too gay
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:46:24 pm »
Why would you convert cRPG to SP if cRPG's main purpose is being a multiplayer?
Because I miss cRPG and because it feels like a waste to have all these items and everything unused. I play Native sometimes, but get bored of it quickly because it's just the same old map and factions. There are some mods like this, complete SP overhauls, but in most cases they are overly complicated, have too many unnecessary features.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 02:37:56 pm »
+2
if you miss mods, rejoice when bannerlord is coming: the game isn´t even out, yet a couple of teams are already working on their mods, making models, refining sounds, planning maps and game design systems, it´s crazy. I´d recommend to ditch the crpg code (let the sweet prince have his rest) and rather focus on bannerlord/okam modding. The good thing: Both Bannerlord and OKAM are based on C# which is, imo, easier to learn than C++. If you play around with the Unity-Engine a bit, you might also have quite some fun while learning C# by making a simple game.

Or you can also try yourself as animator, modeler, texture painter, audio dude, the sky is the limit  :D

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:52:23 pm »
I remember someone actually making "cRPG" in a SP mod around the Talewords forum period. Guess that's good enough for you.