Author Topic: MGS5  (Read 10977 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: MGS5
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2016, 10:17:31 pm »
The soundtrack is awesome

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2016, 06:22:35 am »
despite the cringey, juvenile premise/story/characters, the gameplay is ok. not even that great but decent stealth shooter. so I stick with it and start to enjoy it somewhat.

Then I get to mission 11 or something when I am rescuing guy with robot legs whose diagolue that reminds me of budget voice acted and translated ps1 cutsenes. I spend ages capturing tons of enemies, get discovered blow up 2 mechs and make it out with the hostage.

then after more cheesy D movie cutscenes I have to get away from giant mech controlled by cliche mc cliche skull villain. and cant get in helicopter until I lose the mech. So get on my horse and ride away sticking to cover. then next thing I know the game says "fine have it your way mission aborted", I was going so fast that the "warning" was like not even fully pronounced before it told me I was aborting.

ppffft uninstall trash game, came here to rage post necro :D

I cannot understand how this is rated 9/10 - 10/10. even if didn't rate it way down for being extremely uninspired and cheesy af, the gameplay has alot of flaws and would still only be an average game.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2016, 06:43:28 am »
+1
Yes, the game is a 6.5/10 at best, decent gameplay, but everything else is fucking shit. And even the gameplay becomes retarded at times.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2016, 07:06:39 am »
I do like the freedom to just go around and stealth around the world and stealing shit for base management. Kinda feels like a more enjoyable sandbox version to Splinter Cell. Its main strength imo is that nobody did it like this before. I somewhat understand why someone would rate it a 9-10, if he was retarded.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2016, 07:40:58 am »
The open world crap was just pointless, there was nothing to do, and it made the missions themselves less interesting and unique.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:40 am »
The original playstation MGS is still my favorite and the most fun to play through for me, even though I've done so dozens of times now.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »
+1
The only MGS I played was Snake Eater on PS2, and I really enjoyed it. So much that I'd replay it until the disc was so scratched that it either took ages to load or didn't load at all. Some time ago I watched a full playthrough of the game and it was still good. Maybe I'll buy a used PS2 and get a bit nostalgic this summer  :wink: