Author Topic: Strategus: Taking prisoners (clans)  (Read 481 times)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
Strategus: Taking prisoners (clans)
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:45:22 am »
If you were to be defeated in a strategus battle, wouldn't it make sense if there was a chance of you being caught? There could even be a new skill called "evasion" or some sort. It would be just like single player, except only members of a clan could be caught and sold for ransom to avoid a mass of slaves and player base loss from all clans picking on the little guys. Not trying to offend anyone by this, but I think this would really improve the aesthetics of Strategus overall. :)

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
Re: Strategus: Taking prisoners (clans)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:18:57 am »
imagine being imprisoned for a ridiculous ransom that noone will pay, being perpetually stuck in a virtual cell, unable to play the mod because you lost a battle. sound fun yet?

or how about being a high ranking member, and being unable to use your massive armies to help your clan, and as a result having it lose. loads of fun.
or how about going on teamspeak and listening to everyone enjoy strategus ownage, and feeling like some sort of used condom in the corner because your character is imprisoned, your teammates dont want to spring you, and you cant command anymore. hell, if this isnt fun enough, why dont we have your clan demote you for that.

point is, this is NOT a FUN idea. not in the least. what if you were a kid playing lazertag, getting caught and ziptied to the ground, and having the damn pimple faced jerk that hands you the jackets lock you in a penalty box until your mom pays him his rent?

I THINK NOT, GOOD SIR :P

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:34:12 pm »
I've never played Strategus but I thought of a similar idea of heirloomed weapons.  Clans could get heirloom gear based on how happy their particular towns/casltes/cities are.  A happy town, producing bastard swords, may produce a few tempered or balanced bastard sword if they're happy.  When the battle is over, the losing side will lose a % of their heirloom gear to the victors.  This gear could be sold back to the losers for a fixed price or given as a sign of good faith when the war's over.  Alternatively the victors could give the weapons back on a schedule, creating at least a partial incentive to the slighted nation to keep the peace going for longer.  If the losing nation decide to go to war, though, I'm sure the old victors would be happy to use their captured weapons against their old enemies :)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 06:41:40 am »
imagine being imprisoned for a ridiculous ransom that noone will pay, being perpetually stuck in a virtual cell, unable to play the mod because you lost a battle. sound fun yet?

or how about being a high ranking member, and being unable to use your massive armies to help your clan, and as a result having it lose. loads of fun.
or how about going on teamspeak and listening to everyone enjoy strategus ownage, and feeling like some sort of used condom in the corner because your character is imprisoned, your teammates dont want to spring you, and you cant command anymore. hell, if this isnt fun enough, why dont we have your clan demote you for that.

point is, this is NOT a FUN idea. not in the least. what if you were a kid playing lazertag, getting caught and ziptied to the ground, and having the damn pimple faced jerk that hands you the jackets lock you in a penalty box until your mom pays him his rent?

I THINK NOT, GOOD SIR :P
Christ ...