Author Topic: Map rotation testing  (Read 689 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Map rotation testing
« on: April 30, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »
+3
Hi all! We have a lot of maps on the servers that just simply are never played! I have been going through some on my free time and seeing ones I think look good, but of course there is no way to tell until we try them with actual people. Right now on NA1 I am loading up maps that are out of rotation, feel free to join us and give feedback. There is no promise this will change anything as I have no power to do so myself, but maybe community feedback will help us get out of this stale map rut we have on battle.

I will be conducting tests like this on EU as well (with permission from the community of course, I will not break up current maps if others do not want)

UPDATE Testing on NA halted until later today unless someone else wants to do it (PM me for the list of good maps ive found if needed)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:14:40 pm by POOPHAMMER »
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Map rotation testing
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 04:59:55 pm »
Hi all! We have a lot of maps on the servers that just simply are never played! I have been going through some on my free time and seeing ones I think look good, but of course there is no way to tell until we try them with actual people. Right now on NA1 I am loading up maps that are out of rotation, feel free to join us and give feedback. There is no promise this will change anything as I have no power to do so myself, but maybe community feedback will help us get out of this stale map rut we have on battle.

I will be conducting tests like this on EU as well (with permission from the community of course, I will not break up current maps if others do not want)

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/new-map-rotation-proposal-(important!)-(to-be-edited-replaced)/
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tumble

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Tumble, Sleepy_Horse, Homicide, Black_Men_Cant_Clap,Pony_Boy_Curtis
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »
Whatever that tavern map is thats small like arena. Darkly lit or mighta been red. That maps the shit.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 01:37:27 am »
Whatever that tavern map is thats small like arena. Darkly lit or mighta been red. That maps the shit.

"The Burning Witch" is the tavern fight map
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 04:33:39 am »
"The Burning Witch" is the tavern fight map

Yeah I changed it to that earlier. If there were less tables it would be a great map, I found the tables to get in the way though personally
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 09:21:07 am »
Tavern is a fun map indeed but on special occasions imo, if it was in rotation it would kill off cav+ranged popularity in the server really quickly. It is more like "in 3 A.M. everyone is drunk and melee" kind of map.