Poll

What do you think about the archery / Xbow modifications ?

I love
24 (13.8%)
I like
23 (13.2%)
I don't like everything
34 (19.5%)
I don't like
27 (15.5%)
I hate
66 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Author Topic: [Feedback] Archery / Xbow feedback thread  (Read 16398 times)

Offline Eskil

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar Orden
Re: [Feedback] Archery / Xbow feedback thread
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »
+1
I play an archer, I do not like the patch. I hope everything will return as it was before! I like my old bow (longbow), with its 106 accuracy and damage 30  :cry:

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2016, 08:01:03 pm »
I think if anything the release glitch on the lower crossbows should be removed.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15:35 pm »
+2
I think if anything the release glitch on the lower crossbows should be removed.

They said that was an accident, and someone (Paul I think?) said in ye olden dev days they adjusted the animations when changing crossbow stats to prevent this.

So it will be fixed. But when?

Soontm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2016, 09:15:02 am »
I'd like to make a newer review.

I still like the Crossbow changes, now it is skill based, you can't do good when you spam body shots.

About archery;
Increased missile speed means shots are landed easier than before, that caused lots of people to become archers, even though they have no experience, they are doing good because the patch made archery luck based, regardless of your aiming skills.
And the amount of archers is so overwhelming, you literally can't hide because there is always one behind you. Imo class distribution should be top priority and banner balance as second.
I always say "get a shield" but a shield is useless without its ridiculous ghost protection and archers in every corner.
Plus to that, Warchief composite bow is the most accurate bow and the missile speed is enormous, it is basically a small arbalest.
And you didn't remove Elegant Bronze Long Bows yet, people are using it creating an unfair item gap between them and others.
Plus to that, now that horses almost get one shot from arrows, there is no real counter for archery in game.Except crossbows, but you literally can't show your head for more than one second.

For Strategus, it is far worse than EU1. Imagine half of a 50 people team is using bows and shooting at you from an upper hill, you only have hunting crossbows to counter them.

Please reduce the missile speed and increase the accuracy, that will make people who switched to archer because it is easy will quit and remaining archers will have good aiming skills.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2016, 12:01:42 pm »
+2
But when?
Soontm
In this case SoonTM denotes the moment when the compiler works again, which should happen around Dec'2010
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:31:17 pm by Rico »
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV