Author Topic: What's wrong with Archery After patch??  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
Re: What's wrong with Archery After patch??
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 05:04:01 am »
I dont know what a medieval warbow feels like in real life but in terms of game balance, I dont think RNG really belongs in this game. All the core game mechanics rely on skill based player inputs in order to attack somebody or defend from those attacks, whether be it by dodging, blocking, avoiding, positioning or general awareness. That concept even holds true for random occursions like knockdowns; while the chance of being knocked down on hit is entirely based on a random chance, the applied effect can be mostly negated by a roll via the right player input or could have been even blocked in the first place/dodged by footwork.

If my bow though decides to miss the enemy by a meter to the right, I could have in no way compensated for that, even if my aim would have been spot on when releasing that arrow. RNG does simply not fit this game in my opinion. Lastly, realism tends to balances it self. If there would have been bows in medieval war times that were so inaccurate to use for a certain purpose, I assume people would have simply stopped using these bows and craft more accurate ones.

As for the the athletics, kiting in fact is bad, we have been there some years ago. If you play melee and your enemy can a) outrun you WHILE b) being able to damage you from afar, you obviously have no way ever to defeat this opponent. This is the reason why Horse Archers deal almost no damage, to compensate for them having access to both these traits ( Although their horses die within seconds these days anyways ). Its not fun on the melee side and its cheap on the ranged side, neither wins in terms of gameplay. If you are talking about extreme low ath builds like 45/6 etc. then I can agree. With 2 or 3 ath only and heavy armor you should not expect anything but being outrun by pretty much everybody on the battlefield.

In Rl i shoot bows aswell,it isnt true that u are not that accurate with strong bows,but u just cant hold em long enough to follow for example a meele player with ur aim if he is walking left and right and left and right ...

also,stronger bows have less "bulletdrop" because of the power which the bow gives to the arrows.

I think archery was fine as it was in the beginning,with the old arrow fly models and stuff.

Instead of changing archery again and i need to fix my build again after i loomed some bows already with the current situation,just buff armor stats.

To hit throu a plate armor is very hard,even with an english longbow and bodkin arrows,these wont go much deeper then maybe 3-5 cm in fact = less dmg.

Increase armor stats so u get a real bonus for using this heavy stuff,lett archers run away,i mean what else should they do?or increase their ability to fight in meele,because u need like min. 170 wpf for archery to hit anything over midrange...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 07:11:48 am »
Instead of lowering missile speed for all bows, lower accuracy for high-dmg bows (Givem FAT Reticles!)
it will not affect them like u think, missile speed is just a game mechanic u can not abuse,i mean if missile speed is high on some ranged weapon like a bow or xbow and a player knows how to shoot or how trajectory works in crpg he can shoot without crosshair or with shit acc/wpf in archery, all u need is to know how to land an arrow/bolt from point a(your bow) to point b(enemy head) and thats why ppl played with normal melee builds +crossbow prepatch with a devastating effect (missile speed on xbow was so fast) and landing headshot in mid/long range not to mention normal 'shotgun' actions from behind 8-)
so in tldr lowering acc is not a solution for this
seriously old prepatch 'physic' i think was much better for archers and melee, if melee was dodging like a spastic monkey he could avoid arrows and fight in 'normal' conditions, now with high missile speed and most important the 'shitty' bows are buffed to max level and PD whores with PS can even take 1slot deadly weapons its waaaaay too much IMO
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:22:38 am by McKli_PL »

Offline Eskil

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar Orden
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 06:10:52 pm »
Stop crying! You stop crying only when left alone in the game, 2hs and polearms, while the remaining classes will be as dull and not fun to play, that play for them is not possible, and then there are whiners .. I suggest the old bows to return them to become, and to make new want .. Before your recent patch everything all happy with!  :mad: