Author Topic: Help, I need a new gaming mouse  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Help, I need a new gaming mouse
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 10:37:12 am »
- Is good for fingertip grip, which is what I think I use

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

for reference

Are you sure you are fingertip gripping that thing? Looks like a palm grip to me, specially if you have manlet hands.

I would suggest Razer Deathadder (which is what I use), but the thing is pretty big and it's usually a palm grip mouse (I guess i use a combination of palm and fingertip), so not sure if it's the right choice for you. Usually goes for under 50€ and has worked for years without problems for me.

2 thumb buttons are a must, they come in handy in so many games.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 11:04:52 am »
This guide is still quite relevant: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
Sweet, that's a good link. I found a similar one and apparently there is a lot of factual information about the quality of sensors, and now that I know that, I can't get myself to buy a mouse without a top notch sensor. My attention has been caught by the Zowie EC2-A

(click to show/hide)

Very stronk sensor and the size and shape looks good, but I probably won't ever notice the difference between this 55 euro mouse and a 20-30 euro mouse. Still, it's nice to not have the option whatsoever to blame your equipment if you suck. I guess I'll trudge through the list from your link and check the prices and shapes of all of those, see if I can find a good sensor for a good price.

Are you sure you are fingertip gripping that thing? Looks like a palm grip to me, specially if you have manlet hands.
Yeah, it's not a classic fingertip grip. Honestly this mouse is a terrible ergonomic fit for my hand and I have a really spastic grip. I sort of grip the mouse between my ringfinger and pink tips on one side, and my entire thumb including a bit of palm on the other side. My hand isn't even laying straight on the mouse, but at a bit of an angle. However, I really hate resting the my entire palm on the mouse, it just makes moving feel very clumsy.

Razer in general looks pretty good sensor wise, but the Deathadder seems pretty big.

Extra buttons are god tier for flipping pages back and forth while browsing interwebs tho.

(click to show/hide)

It gets the job done, im a fingertip gamer too.
What mouse is that?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 11:24:50 am »
Razer in general looks pretty good sensor wise, but the Deathadder seems pretty big.

Yeah it is big. Honestly if you have the option, you should go to a store and see how different mouse shapes fit your hand, that's what I did before buying into the Deathadder. I had a similar mouse shape to your old mouse before and I liked how Deathadder's front is shaped (it tilts up a bit instead of a progressive decline)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 11:42:08 am »
What mouse is that?

Its a mionix naos 3200, its pretty damn cheap now, doesnt seem to go over 40€.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 07:44:55 pm »
Zowie FK2 crew checking in.

Perfect for a manlet like me, only down side is it doesn't have side grips but the deathadder and steelseries sidegrips kept coming off anyway.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 10:40:59 pm »
Tracking quality is pretty much the next most important factor after shape. Some "high-end" mice have absolutely dreadful tracking.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 02:41:27 pm »
For playing CRPG, the thumb button is superfluous. They are very inconvenient in the fierce fight. I love the smooth and clean mouse, no extra buttons.

I use the side buttons for teamspeak push to talk and free look thing so they're useful.