Author Topic: Remember that kid who got handcuffed in texas for his homemade clock?  (Read 581 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Well now his family is trying to get $15,000,000 in restitution for it from the school district and the city of Irving.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-teen-arrested-homemade-clock-demands-15-million-article-1.2444435

You know at first I felt sorry for him, even though it's pretty obvious he did the entire thing to cause a ruckus... Now I just can't believe this shit, if he even gets a dime from this ridiculous lawsuit I'm going to lose my shit... I bet Obama supports this.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Remember that kid who got handcuffed in texas for his homemade clock?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:40:03 am »
+5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:14:52 am »
The funniest part is that his family went to Qatar, where they receive help already  :?  Not like they need 15 millions to resettle somewhere else in the US.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:16:46 am »
Well now his family is trying to get $15,000,000 in restitution for it from the school district and the city of Irving.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-teen-arrested-homemade-clock-demands-15-million-article-1.2444435

You know at first I felt sorry for him, even though it's pretty obvious he did the entire thing to cause a ruckus... Now I just can't believe this shit, if he even gets a dime from this ridiculous lawsuit I'm going to lose my shit... I bet Obama supports this.

Well it's probably not his idea. Most likely his parents who found out that they could take advantage of this and get some cash.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:50:43 am »
Well it's probably not his idea. Most likely his parents who found out that they could take advantage of this and get some cash.

I will bet you money that he will be testifying in court... He benefits just as much as his parents and is probably going along with it w/ dollar bills in his eyes and dreams of driving his own ferrari by age 18 and never having to work a single day at a low income job for his entire life.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 02:01:54 am »
+2
I will bet you money that he will be testifying in court... He benefits just as much as his parents and is probably going along with it w/ dollar bills in his eyes and dreams of driving his own ferrari by age 18 and never having to work a single day at a low income job for his entire life.

The American dream is to sue someone for ridiculous amounts of money and live off of it for the rest of your life?

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:06:50 am »
+1
The American dream is to sue someone for ridiculous amounts of money and live off of it for the rest of your life?

I think there is a big difference in suing mcdonalds corp because their coffee was hot and it burnt your skin when you drove over a speedbump with the coffee between your legs...

And suing a school district for more money than it probably gets in an entire year, which will only result in teachers getting laid off, getting docked wages and ultimately end up in a poorer education for the kids in said school district...

Sugar coat it all you want.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 02:23:16 am »
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 04:27:18 am »
his father literally used to work for Sudan, pretty obvious from begging it was a plot to steal money or whatever
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 07:14:53 am »
+1

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 09:54:50 am »
+1
The school overreacted, but the current antiterror laws require schools to overreact every time something like this happens.

Then again his father is a former Sudanese politician and they know very well how to manipulate the media. They got a massive donation drive directed at them right after the news broke about this "inventor" who stuffed an old VCR into a suitcase and started plugging it into AC during class, despite instruction otherwise. His older sister apparently had something similar happen when she was in school, lending credibility to his father being the mastermind.

And suing a school district for more money than it probably gets in an entire year, which will only result in teachers getting laid off, getting docked wages and ultimately end up in a poorer education for the kids in said school district...

And the school acted exactly like they were legally required to act under the Patriot Act and friends, so I'm not sure what gives.