Author Topic: Help for a new Long Mauler  (Read 2155 times)

Offline zanik127

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Help for a new Long Mauler
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:53 am »
+2
Hey everyone I'm relatively new to crpg and wanted to get into Long Maul cus its a fun weapon and seems strong as hell. I've been wondering what good longmaul builds might look like and would love it if anyone could help me. Thanks a ton

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
Re: Help for a new Long Mauler
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:27 am »
+1
A good long maul build would have low agility, maybe 6-12. All +3 Plate armor, you can find that in a large clan such as The Crusaders of Acre. The rest of your points would go into strength, more powerstrike means a higher chance of knockdown and crush through for the up attack. One tip I have is hold the up attack for half a second, then release. That'll give you more of a chance to crush through, but be careful because players will often spam you so you can't up attack and get a crush through.

So a decent build will look like

All +3 Plate armor (can be found in most large clans for example The Crusaders of Acre)
+3 Long Maul (Can be found in most clans with a decent amount of people)
6-12 agility
A lot of strength and power strike (30 or more strength)
Staying with the team, because 1v1 with slow long maul is ineffective unless you're a decent player.
Best quote
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline zanik127

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 04:09:49 am »
+1
Thanks schoi

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »
+1
I would advise completely different. High strength is only good if you're going to just sit in one staircase on siege all the time.

Something like:
24 str, 21 agi, 8IF, 8 ps, 7 ath, 3 wm. Or trade IF to wm. If you're higher than lvl 35, go for 24 agi and more ath. Medium/light body armor and heaviest gloves you can get. Mobility is the key.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 12:40:25 pm »
I've played a bit with a 27/18 build in full plate (78 body armor) and it seems to be quite effective. I'd agree with Lennu that you need some agility to be effective, but I disagree with the light armor choice. You'll get hit a lot while trying to do the held overheads - or maybe it's just me cuz I can't block anyway...

You need to understand a few mechanics as a mauler though:

1) Maul overheads can be spammed every time, so avoid those against any good player 1v1
2) If they stab and you block, it should give you a free CT overhead
3) Held attacks stun most people so look for an opportunity to stun and spam
4) Your hits will either kill or knock people down - there seems to be no other option ;)
5) And obviously group fights are your best friend and shielder turtles your primary target
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:05:50 pm by Mr.K. »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 09:27:07 pm »
You'll get hit a lot while trying to do the held overheads
it's a basic blunder in playing 'heavy' mauling, first go with stun right/or left swing take couple hits on block (try to  chamber after the stunlock, dont go random spam after every stun and if u see 'overhead' always try to chamber it)
->try 27/21 build 'glass cannon' (no IF on lower levels)<- like Lenu said mobility is veriiiiiii :lol: important with medium armor, if u will get better and better with blocking its more frags intensive build, than pure 45/9 build or something like that.(keep mauling bro :P )

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 06:48:26 am »
+1
I'm not going to pretend that the builds I end up using are objectively good, but I like them.

My main's level 36 at 33-15. Maxed PS, WM, Ath of course, with 2 shield. No IF. I would only recommend silly min-max builds like this if you do have +3 armour and gloves. You're gonna need some looms to take up the slack of missing IF. Still, the massive strength stack does give you good HP.

At level 35 I'd put in 30-15 with IF.

I use these two builds for all my foot polearm play. The absolute best is using the +3 longspear with 11 PS on my main. People become absolutely enraged at the sight of my slender, elongated shaft and come right the fuck at me. I press E and take half their HP with a hit. Obviously, they're not at all a fan of that so they rush me again and I jump-stab abuse for the kill.

Fucking ambrosia.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 12:36:08 am »
I'm not going to pretend that the builds I end up using are objectively good, but I like them.

My main's level 36 at 33-15. Maxed PS, WM, Ath of course, with 2 shield. No IF. I would only recommend silly min-max builds like this if you do have +3 armour and gloves. You're gonna need some looms to take up the slack of missing IF. Still, the massive strength stack does give you good HP.

At level 35 I'd put in 30-15 with IF.

I use these two builds for all my foot polearm play. The absolute best is using the +3 longspear with 11 PS on my main. People become absolutely enraged at the sight of my slender, elongated shaft and come right the fuck at me. I press E and take half their HP with a hit. Obviously, they're not at all a fan of that so they rush me again and I jump-stab abuse for the kill.

Fucking ambrosia.

E?  What's that control?

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 01:02:24 am »
+1
kick.
best friend of all maulers.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 01:03:42 am »
Ah thanks.

Offline Combaticus

• Baron
  • Renown: 109