Author Topic: why do i need more than 90 proficiency to be well versed at throwing rocks?  (Read 589 times)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
doesnt make sense to me.
prepatch i made a caveman char that only had 10 pt 10 ps and 10 if and used only stones and clubs. Now im being penalized for using op stuff without prof
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:28:29 pm by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
You mean why do you have to be extremely skilled to kill people in full steel plate with a couple of rocks you picked up from the ground?
Kind of makes sense I'd say.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
doesnt make sense to me.
prepatch i made a caveman char that only had 10 pt 10 ps and 10 if and used only stones and clubs. Now im being penalized for using op stuff without prof

Because god said that you need 14wpf per point of PT.

Village_Elder has triple loomed rocks, and he takes the heads off people with disturbing frequency. Those things may only do 15b, but they have sniper accuracy and hit rather hard with high wpf and PT.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
so my 10 pt doesnt justify me being able to do small amounts of damage to people?
And someone who tripple heirloomed rocks is not a balance issue. Plenty of better things someone could tripple heirloom and/or throw
(War Darts are a start)

To say that it takes just as much skill to throw a javalin as it takes to throw a rock or balony.

None of these arguments are that compelling
from what im being told its become impossible to be good 10 pt thrower unless you put nothing into anything but WM and PT and put the rest in stats, saving nothing for other prof
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:47:06 pm by MrShovelFace »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
so my 10 pt doesnt justify me being able to do small amounts of damage to people?
And someone who tripple heirloomed rocks is not a balance issue. Plenty of better things someone could tripple heirloom and/or throw

None of these arguments are that compelling

Well I do agree, but as it stands neither throwing nor archery can achieve a proper PT/PD 10 unless you breach level 30 and wear practically no armor.

I am not exactly sure why this was done, but it distinguishes from the wpf to PT ratio and not what you are throwing, so perhaps it is balanced off the theory that with 10 PT you could in theory be spamming Javelins or some other throwable item more suitable to a high PT then mere rocks?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
hmmmm..
just thought of an intresting feature

wouldnt a person.. in real life, theoretically be able to throw an object with less force to get better precision. Much like a dart to a dart board. Throwing a dart with all your might will not help your aim. Likewise if we could adjust our PT on the site to a lower level than our max then we would be able to toss without the penalty

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
hmmmm..
just thought of an intresting feature

wouldnt a person.. in real life, theoretically be able to throw an object with less force to get better precision. Much like a dart to a dart board. Throwing a dart with all your might will not help your aim. Likewise if we could adjust our PT on the site to a lower level than our max then we would be able to toss without the penalty

Well, if throwing weapon's didn't already have an alt-fire to switch them to melee mode it would have seemed possible to switch between regular and 'precision' mode... as it is now, I doubt anything can be done.
(Except for maybe bows)