Author Topic: Team Kill Punishment/Consequences  (Read 825 times)

Offline DaFrog

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Team Kill Punishment/Consequences
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:36:11 am »
Hi,

I want to talk about TK because as it is now it's obviously free to TA/TK there friend without consequences at all. As there is no consequences a lot of people do not care about it and just spam hit with there 2 hand/bow/etc even if there is a friend close to them. Even if it is not totally intended by player it can not be considered most of the time as a mistake. People are just not careful at there friend because it dosen't matter if they hit there mate or not as there will not be punished for it or at least do not have any consequences to there act. Most of the time people will not even say "sorry"...

The amount of TA/TK on each round is right now amazing. There is a lot of solution to deal with it and drastically reduce it like in many other game. The most important about it is to introduce some sort of consequences to TA/TK so people will be a lot more careful about it. There is a list of consequences to TA/TK from other game who could be helpful and improve this game to have less TA and TK :

- Reverse TK damage.
- Have a limited amount of TK damage before being kicked or banned for some time.
- Lost some XP or Money for each TA or TK.
- Increase respawn time (one more round to wait in a battle)
- Some sort of debuff who will disappear over time

There is a lot more solution than this to discourage team killing just pick the one you want... But you should really do something about it because as long there will not be consequences a lot of people will not care about it. And it's really a pain in the ass to have to deal with that much TA/TK right now.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:39:23 am by DaFrog »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Kill Punishment/Consequences
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:19:32 am »
here's another solution: 1 random item of yours is guaranteed to break for the tick.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Kabookie

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kabookieson
  • Game nicks: Kabookie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 09:24:03 am »
Seems full reverse damage would put a damper on tk'ing.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:21 am »
^^ word on that..
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:17 pm »
Seems full reverse damage would put a damper on tk'ing.
Now that would be a reason for me to quit playing crpg.

I don't understand why there are allways people having problems with TKs. I play this game since nearly two years now, and I think I got TKed about 3 times from persons that didn't were able to excuse or talk about what happenend. Sometimes there are misunderstandings (im my case mostly because I killed a horse someone wanted), but almost everyone can talk about it and can cool down.

breaking items for TKs wouldn't hurt of course.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »
I say the reverse damage would be a good thing, maybe not 100% but 50% or 25%. The only annoying thing is that you also get the flinch from teamattack and that's the most annoying thing, not the damage itself. If they took away that then I would be all for it but not now.

Now that would be a reason for me to quit playing crpg.

I don't understand why there are allways people having problems with TKs. I play this game since nearly two years now, and I think I got TKed about 3 times from persons that didn't were able to excuse or talk about what happenend. Sometimes there are misunderstandings (im my case mostly because I killed a horse someone wanted), but almost everyone can talk about it and can cool down.

breaking items for TKs wouldn't hurt of course.
Seriously? Wow, guess you're really lucky then! I'm not that much against being teamhit in combat, accidents happen, but try to go as a horseman and you will be teamattacked for no reason A LOT in spawn. The worst thing is that you can't do anything about it and those bitches who just cost you 1k+ in upkeep for nothing can just continue playing as normal.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:37:46 pm »
Maybe a direct penalty to gold/exp gain would be best? Reflected damage would change the game too much, I think, making everyone too careful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Moen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:39:31 pm »
We should also impose a specific punishment for horse bumping then!
Which should be different from the TH, since it does close to no damage but is annoying as hell, and people ride around disregarding footmen completely.