Author Topic: Evolve, from the studio that made left4dead  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Evolve, from the studio that made left4dead
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 04:18:15 pm »
Lots of people going on about the DLC.

All maps will be free release and most of the DLC is skins. The game is a complete game. No pay2win stuff.

Honestly could not give a crap about skins and anyone who actually spends the money to buy that stuff is an idiot.

Didnt they say maps are free but new characters cost $$$. That would be fair for a f2p game but they are actually charging like 50$ upfront and then on top they want like 10$ per character. I think its silly, game seems decent though.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 04:51:01 pm »
Didnt they say maps are free but new characters cost $$$. That would be fair for a f2p game but they are actually charging like 50$ upfront and then on top they want like 10$ per character. I think its silly, game seems decent though.

maybe i was interpreting it wrong, but they said all the maps and new game modes were free, however they were selling characters and skins for money, so basically you can pay to get the characters that everyone else has to grind for or are special characters that only come in the packs you buy. 

You can look at it all on steam, all the stuff seems to be skins, with the exception of the pack things, which are fucking absurd, why in the hell would you want to buy the game twice to get all the characters on launch day?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:58:23 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 12:00:21 pm »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 12:39:53 am »
So all-in-all it's good, right? A new Left4Dead'ish game? 
I will check out youtube-reviews first, but it sounds like i am going to get it for the coming weekend :)

Playing this free Robocraft game right now, having fun so far, so I will either invest some moneyz to buy parts and support the developers, or I will get the new Evolve game.

I remember reading a pre-pre-preview long time ago, so I know what this game is about. It sounded too good to be true at that time, but one can always hope!
  Spam at The Temple of Spam