Author Topic: NEO Scavenger  (Read 457 times)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
NEO Scavenger
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:26:34 am »
+1
Been playing this thing since early access, its apparently been made by 1 dude

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248860/

Free in-browser Demo can be found here on the website
http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/2

its basically a turned based, open world survival game
nice mix of Fallout 2, Civ, Dayz etc....

very hardcore and doesnt hold your hand at all, you die alot in this game.
also the story pans on depending on what skills and choices you make, so youll never be able to experience EVERYTHING in one life.
also has a nice little modding scene proping up

ive found the best build is Skills: Trapping(dogman coat aat beginning, easy access to fire, able to get food) medic (better first aid), Tough (take more punishment), atheletic (energy) and then melee or ranged for combat (preferably melee) then flaws: myopia, insomniac and metabolism.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
Re: NEO Scavenger
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:26:01 pm »
Also played it in early acces but i need to say it feeled like it was already finished since i played the test for the final patch  :mrgreen:
Like Clockwork said it is really punishing and it feels great to recognize what killed you the last time you played it (as a tip: blue berries are save, reds may be poision, the green/brown ones will always be toxic)

(click to show/hide)

Absolutly love it, its just reminding me how a game should be.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 12:27:51 am »
Before i discovered trapping i always had botany and medic in my skills, trapping is also nice since you can get acces to the city without doing anything for hather ;) Also with botany you are able to make some kind of tea which boosts you immune system and can be selled for quite high (25$ per one drop)
Personally i dont like the disadvantages, the only one i took so far is the myopia since you can get rid of it with a surgery.(and since i got it for myself :))

have you thought about going northward from the cryo chambe? theres 2 locations that way which are of some interest, 1 isnt far from cryo, the other is a bit more of a trek but it is similar to the City because it contains lots of plot points and a market.

also if ya want to fear for your life, try taking off your bronze amulet (PSA: NEVER TAKE OFF THAT AMULET!)

also a good tip, if ya think you can do it (with combat skills in shouldnt be hard) try hunting a few DMC guard that are out roaming, u gotta kill em when their alone and do it fast or else theyll call in some tough backup. but it nets you some nice clothes/armor and guns which you can sell or use.

ive got 30 hours in (playing in short bursts)
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 10:42:49 pm »
also if ya want to fear for your life, try taking off your bronze amulet (PSA: NEVER TAKE OFF THAT AMULET!)

(click to show/hide)