Author Topic: To Defend a City  (Read 922 times)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
To Defend a City
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:05:34 am »
I stood atop the keep of New Ahmerrad City breathing in the hot desert air. I gazed upon the soldiers celebrating their recent victory. We acted fast once we had received the order from our Queen, the Virgin himself. "Take Ahmerrad city. Their lords have grown idle, letting their citizens live in squalor and crime run rampant. We shall bring order to these lands." The battle for the city proved to be quick. The defenders either turned tail and fled, or could not even be bothered to show up in the first place. I was shaken from my remembrance when I heard the trap door to the roof open. I turned to see my loyal companion Furnavi, returned from his scouting mission.
"Tristan, there is a force of squids heading our way! They outnumber us by several hundred and appear to be armored in the finest plate. Dr Device has recommended retreat and has started heading away from the force towards Caraf Castle."
I looked out towards the direction of the army. "We shall not run away. We will ride out from the city and attack them in the fields. The people of this place have suffered enough. Gather the men, yesterday we took this city, today we defend it."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: To Defend a City
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:46:27 am »
+2
Nice RP.

Sucky time for the battle but good luck to both sides. Hopefully its fun.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 09:31:54 am »
It was supposed to be at 11am. But I forgot he was moving towards me as well so it happened a bit sooner.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:54:23 pm »
+2
Chaos reigned the battlefield. My fellow Stark bannermen rallied behind me as we went against the squids. The Kingdom of the North, who promised us aid was nowhere to be found. Laden with Wardens the Squids cavalry picked at our side as I attempted to push their line. Although my allies who came with me fought valiantly, we were pushed back and forced to retreat. As I watched my men scatter into the horizon I looked towards New Ahmerrad, a city about to be on fire once again...

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »
+1
Bryggan crawled out of bed, head pounding.  "Water!" he yelled hoarsely, "Get me water dammit!"

Kevin, Bryggan's squire, rushed in with a pewter jug and a drinking horn.  "Here you are, m'lord," he said, "I also got your armour laid out and your horse saddled."

"Armour?  Horse?  What are you talking about?"

"House Stark, sir.  You promised them aid."

"Damn right I promised them aid.  And aid we will give them.  Rally my bannermen, I want them ready and armed."

Bryggan swished the ice cold water around in his mouth, then spat it out.  He then poured the rest of the jug over his head.  "Damn, that feels better.  Now go get me beer.  And food.  With bacon.  Lots of bacon."

"Perhaps my lord would prefer to eat whilst riding?" Kevin asked.

"EAT WHILE WHAT!!!" Bryggan screamed, "GET OUT OF HERE YOU IMPERTINENT, STUPID, BACK-TALKING SON OF WHORE-BITCH-PIG!!!"

"But..."

"GET OUT!!" Bryggan yelled, throwing the pewter jug at him.  Kevin quickly made a hasty retreat.

An hour later Bryggan finished the last of his massive breakfast.  He considered pouring himself another pint, but decided a small nap would be better.  He wanted to fighting fresh to impress his fiance on the battlefield.  Once King Tristan saw the strength of the 13 Knights and his bannermen, there for sure would be no more impediments to his marriage to the Queen... and all her lands... He smiled.

But before he could fall asleep, a messenger was announced.  "Oh bloody hell, alright, let him in."

The messenger was wearing the livery of House Stark.  Bryggan grinned.  Probably a message from the Virgin.  Maybe a plan to meet somewhere private after the battle.

"My Lord King Tristan of Erzoth regrets to inform his Majesty Bryggan the High King of the North that his field army was defeated by Mind Calamari.  He reports that he did not have sufficient numbers to fully engage the enemy.  He blames the fickleness of his allies."

"Oh damn," Bryggan said.

(click to show/hide)

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 04:10:10 am »
I rode my donkey hard towards the city in an attempt to arrive before the oncoming horde. "Open the gates! Open the gates! The Lord has returned!" Shouted one of the guardsmen as I came near. The gates swung open as I galloped through, making my way towards the keep. "The Squids are coming! To arms men! To arms!" I shouted to the gathering crowd. Arriving at the keep I jumped off my mount and ran up the stairs. "Furnavi! Furnavi! Where are you?" I shouted as I walked into the great hall. "Over here! Whats the matter? The town is in a whirlwind." he asked walking over from the window. "I'm afraid my attempt to defeat the Squids has failed and our allies have been dispersed. Dr Device and MURDERDEATH have yet to be seen but I spotted the Queen riding off on a horse. We must rally our remaining troops to defend the city." I spoke while moving towards the castles Ravens. "I'll send out the messages, maybe I can get a few of our old clan mates to respond to our plea for help. Hopefully they will be able to make it in time". Together Furnavi and I scribbled out a few hasty messages before sending them out. "So what do we do now?" Furnavi asked. "Now, we get ready for war."

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 01:54:15 am »
The morning came and with it the Squids. In the night, King Bryggan and King James themselves arrived in the city to assist in its defense. We stood atop the walls watching for the Squids to arrive. However, what they sent was a paltry force. The three of us stormed out from the gates taking their camp and scattering their mercenaries to the wind. High fives were shared all around.

Reports say that MIND_CALAMARI was seen retreating from the city, so I gathered my troops to end this once and for all.

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 12:41:03 am »
+1

Offline Behemoth_

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Crusaders Of Acre
  • Game nicks: Old_King_Louie_of_Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 02:15:55 am »
10/10 proper meme use

Offline Kidduis

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Kiddius, Fittius, Shittius, Svedjan
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 01:36:20 pm »
+2
NOw this is some proper reading material.