Author Topic: learning to block /attack effectively  (Read 3464 times)

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
Re: learning to block /attack effectively
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 11:07:46 am »
you speak the truth like always....
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 07:39:54 pm »
are the nditions server even still up?  I don't see it on native list and all threads on Talewords lead to it being shut down back in 2011-2012?

I've always been curious to try the bots, but have never been able to find it.  Typically only see a few servers.  I always here about this huge sub culture for Warband Native, but typically only see the GK servers packed (2 servers) and a few private servers set up occasionally for NA.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 02:48:39 am »
I like yedrellow's guide: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122109980

Specifically how it talks about identifying what you're bad at and then exposing yourself to it.

"While I was learning the game for example, I was having a problem with being kickslashed. Rather than switching to a longer range weapon to decrease the chances of being kickslashed, I switched to a fighting pick (very low reach for those unfamiliar) and learned how to avoid kicks using that weapon. If I had avoided that problem by using higher reach weapons, I would still have that vulnerability."

Pretty straight forward, but it's worth a read.

All the good players I know started on the local native duel server using 1h only, losing over and over until they eventually became familiar with the animations. Like most others have said, 1h is the best way to start as it doesn't encourage reliance on back pedaling and high damage as much.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:02:29 am by Kadeth »