Author Topic: Game seems kinda laggy  (Read 1767 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Game seems kinda laggy
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »
You should teach him a lesson on duel server, that'd show him who's the best.

(click to show/hide)

What's the point? Either of us will have to play with 100+ ping and it wont be fun nor prove anything except that nice ping is better :D

AS to weather, I know right, you would think that horsey players would learn to love the weather that gives them visual cover to ambush better and reduces the damage of projectiles.

Although I would like to see a realism change: snowy maps should make everyone take extra damage from blunt weapons: ever rapped your knuckle in the freezing cold? Shit hurts like x2 the normal :D
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 02:59:10 pm »
seeing as we rarely ever get over 100 people on the server these days would it not be prudent to instead of renting a 240 man server which we never fill anyway, instead rent a 120 man, or even a 100 man server, which was faster?

I believe they just rent a box and then host their own servers on it.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »
+1
And true, people who bitch about weather are normally the same ones who bitch about ranged, dont they know it helps them?[/spoiler]
Does it really? There's an 8% reduction of movement speed of infantry and an unknown but very noticable reduction of horse maneuver when it rains, while projectiles lose nothing on accuracy and missile speed, making projectiles easier to hit and making approaching ranged a slower process. Now I am not going to argue that crossbowmen make up for a 25% damage penalty by hitting more often, but with most archers normally missing a significant portion of their shots, I could imagine their 10% damage nerf does get compensated for by them being able to hit more.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 03:14:34 pm »
Does it really? There's an 8% reduction of movement speed of infantry and an unknown but very noticable reduction of horse maneuver when it rains, while projectiles lose nothing on accuracy and missile speed, making projectiles easier to hit and making approaching ranged a slower process. Now I am not going to argue that crossbowmen make up for a 25% damage penalty by hitting more often, but with most archers normally missing a significant portion of their shots, I could imagine their 10% damage nerf does get compensated for by them being able to hit more.

You need more agi Teeth, I still leave a trail of fire as I chase down my old friendguts, even in the rain.
I don't know enough

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 03:15:15 pm »
while projectiles lose nothing on missile speed.

Wrong, every kind of ranged is affected by rain, even if throwing gets almost no penalty, and archery gets less penalties than crossbowmen, projectiles are actually slowered down if I remember correctly. Don't know the exact numbers about that, sorry.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 04:40:41 pm »
Funny coming from someone who cannot fight their way out of a paper bag even if you give them scissors.

Oh great, saddle up everyone. Another 18 page thread of big words coming from a little man.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 06:59:02 pm »
+1
It's been laggy for about 2 years for me, mase numerous threads, asked for help shit is still the same, animations missing etc.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 07:55:38 pm »
+1
It's been laggy for about 2 years for me, mase numerous threads, asked for help shit is still the same, animations missing etc.

+1

i felt it got shit during the last days i was in deserters, that is when shit got down

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:01 pm »
+1
You write this but you know how much faster your horse is gonna get #rekt in good weather by arrows?

I perform half as good in rainy weather. End of story.
Anyway, thanks for the tip, I really didn't know that after 4 years of playing cavalry... duh.