Poll

How many battles has your strat guy commanded?

none
1 (3.8%)
3 (11.5%)
2-3
2 (7.7%)
4-6
4 (15.4%)
7-10
1 (3.8%)
10-15
2 (7.7%)
15-20
0 (0%)
20-25
1 (3.8%)
25+
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Battle Commanders  (Read 696 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Battle Commanders
« on: November 11, 2014, 03:58:13 pm »
So I was looking at the heroes board on ladder and touching myself like I usually do, and it occurred to me.  I myself have commanded 23 battles, out of which 16 I took losses (as in the rest were no shows or peasants being slaughtered), and I'm 17th on the board.

Then I thought about Jack... which I usually don't when touching myself.  He had fought one battle at the beginning of Strat (against me, and he thoroughly kicked my ass), then didn't really play until he had his 14 billion silver army to attack one castle and jumped way ahead of me on the Hero board (of course he fought a few more after that).  So I was kinda wondering who was on the hero board and how many actual battles they had.

Maybe this is a bit of an e-peen thread, cuz I'm also curious about how other people's ferocity compares to mine.  Also I'm curious to know if I should have just traded all strat then attacked at the end with a mega army, which would be oh so boooooooooooring, but it would be worth it for huge swollen e-peen I would get seeing myself in the top five.

I guess I think it's really stupid to base renown and experience earned based on the price of the army.  There have been some awesome peasant defenses against armed troops, and some pretty intense battles at the beginning with two teams in mail shirts and padded heraldic.

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Commanders
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:26:45 pm »
+2
It's all faction size relevant; Add up the renown of the 73 squid members and then decide what faction tops the charts.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:37:07 pm by SQUIDNAUGHT »

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:27:05 am »
It's all faction size relevant; Add up the renown of the 73 squid members and then decide what faction tops the charts.

73 members... and you complained about rosters?  Really?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:30 am »
+3
Yep its all faction related. I've fought 8 battles this strat in my strat faction, Tasa Clan. That includes 2 recent battles in which shouldn't really be counted since they were against an empty castle.

So 6 battles all told, 1 of which I did not personally show up for since I couldn't make it.

Number 14 on the hero ladder checking in.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 05:12:35 am »
+3
So I was looking at the heroes board on ladder and touching myself like I usually do, and it occurred to me.  I myself have commanded 23 battles, out of which 16 I took losses (as in the rest were no shows or peasants being slaughtered), and I'm 17th on the board.

Then I thought about Jack... which I usually don't when touching myself.  He had fought one battle at the beginning of Strat (against me, and he thoroughly kicked my ass), then didn't really play until he had his 14 billion silver army to attack one castle and jumped way ahead of me on the Hero board (of course he fought a few more after that).  So I was kinda wondering who was on the hero board and how many actual battles they had.

Maybe this is a bit of an e-peen thread, cuz I'm also curious about how other people's ferocity compares to mine.  Also I'm curious to know if I should have just traded all strat then attacked at the end with a mega army, which would be oh so boooooooooooring, but it would be worth it for huge swollen e-peen I would get seeing myself in the top five.

I guess I think it's really stupid to base renown and experience earned based on the price of the army.  There have been some awesome peasant defenses against armed troops, and some pretty intense battles at the beginning with two teams in mail shirts and padded heraldic.

Yeah instead it'd own if you had tracking scoreboards of the amount of battles won by a commander and total tickets/gear value destroyed by commanders, factions, and personal Merc stats like total strat battle kills by people, average KD, most kills per battle, etc, instead of just "PERFORMANCE" as a way to make it feel like a sports round/season campaign

Ties into my suggestions for next strat about giving Strat XP as a resource where shit like that is tracked and pro mercs or successful frequent commanders get lots of rewards in the form of Strat gold and Strat-battle stat buffs like additional skill and stat points exclusive to Strategus mode.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:02:39 am »
+1

You're like the illuminati of hippies... don't think I don't see that peace sign there.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 02:16:33 am »
+2
You're like the illuminati of hippies... don't think I don't see that peace sign there.