Author Topic: Who is incharge of Strategus5?  (Read 881 times)

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
Who is incharge of Strategus5?
« on: April 25, 2014, 09:24:09 am »
+18
I would like to point out my disappointment to my recent ban and the way it was dealt with. I was unbanned 2 days after the ban but have been muted in the forums, hence the delay in this post. My muting was well deserved and it was worth it, just for the record.

The alleged breaking of the rules for my ban:

Strat map rule 1) CMP's rules for not attacking your village to delay your enemy http://forum.melee.org/strategus-general-discussion/strategus-rules/

The battle: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=904

As pointed out several times at the time of the attack I was part of The Kalmar Union and had been for the past month. I had no intention of leaving the Kalmar and joining my former clan Lost Legion. I also didn't do so in the 24hours between the 1st attack and the 2nd attack http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=913 when I had the opportunity to do so. I was removed from the Kalmar I suspect due to this battle and the fact I hadn't spoken to any of them about it and also that my connection to the Kalmar, Quincy clan had just quit strat which left me unspoken for. The fact remains I didn't attack my clans village and in the context of this rule my attack is legal but I do understand how it can be deemed borderline due to my closeness to LL. The rule does not state anything about allies attacking.

This now comes to the 2nd part of this rule "delay your enemy":  I had no intention of delaying it was all about taking control of the fief. Tydeus attacked the owner of Bulugur and I was there to take control from another clan.

I would also like to add that I didn't think I was breaking any rules and if I had of  considered that I would be breaking any rules then I would not of attacked.

It would be speculation and false to claim that I was planning on rejoining the Lost Legion strat faction in the near future or that this attack was done to delay.

CRPG Devs:

[19:18] <cmp> "sorry, i don't deal with strategus anymore, you should talk to Tydeus or Nessaj or Canary"

The handling of my ban by the strat admin:

Tydeus: "I had nothing to do with the banning, outside of providing links to battles and screenshots of strategus. I was asked for my opinions on what I thought should be done, multiple times. Each time I specifically stated it was up to everyone else.

19:17 <Tydeus> up to everyone else
19:18 <Canary> because of conflict of interest on your part I presume?
19:18 <Tydeus> absolutely

I don't even have the ability to issue a global ban to begin with." (Is it just me or does he just contradict himself in the 1st sentence?)

"Yeah, I'm willing to let the 2nd attack off, but again, this doesn't free up the overwhelming number of issues of the first attack." (contradictions of interest much?)

"Cool. Nevermind the fact that everyone knows you're LL. It's not even disputable"

"The main difference, is that in this case, I was clearly trying to take the fief. In this situation, the first attack on the village bought them a significant amount of time, enough to bring in another army, the ability to take gold out of the fief(or would have, if not for the 2nd attack), and the ability to maintain the defensive position (maintaining the fief)."

"If that were the cast, you wouldn't have been banned. I guess I need to repeat this, I did not ban you. That means it was decided by someone higher up, that this does constitute an illegal fief transfer, and therefore warrants action."

"Don't even start that shit. It has been stated before. The ONLY people who have the capabilities to even ATTEMPT to do this, would be cmp, harald, and chadz. None of them have any reason what-so-ever, to give a damn about this shit.

Again, you do not launch your browser from warband*, therefore it's impossible that I could have done anything remotely of the sort. You're grasping at straws. Just take your ban with some humility, and move on. Stop trying to bring the world down around you, simply because you can't have your way. There's no reason for you to even be bringing up anything relating to murdertron in this thread, yet you continue to do so."

"I don't think you understand. The issue is that you attacked the fief without the intent of going to war, and this attack ended up causing a delay(among several other things) in a player's ability to justly take the fief for his own. Under the circumstances, you cannot transfer a fief like that. That is what defines an illegal fief transfer. Maybe, MAYBE if you were actually neutral there might be a way to weasel your way out, but that's not the case, so there's no point thinking about it."

"You lost this battle, your second attack on the fief. That means the gear from your army was trasferred to your new, and undeserved fief. Nothing I did, or didn't do, would have influenced this."

This is the only response from any strat admin or "someone higher up" in my unban thread. All responses from strat admin are from Tydeus telling us that he had nothing to do with it and how he did have a lot to do with it. Let me also add that while banned and attacked by Tydeus I lost 38k silver,200k worth of gear and 700 troops. Tydeus scored the silver and my gear for free due to his attack while I was banned. I have asked Tydeus for the gear back directly in IRC and through others with no reply in any manner over the last 5 days ish.

Who actually supervisors Strat?

MURDERTRON: "Just so we're clear, I was the initial complainant about this."

"[19:18] <cmp> sorry, i don't deal with strategus anymore, you should talk to Tydeus or Nessaj or Canary"

"CVC-Dutchy: hey any idea why i was banned?
Canary: I believe it had something to do with an illegal fief transfer
CVC-Dutchy: so who do i talk to about this bann, I mean who actually banned me? how long is this bann ment to be for?
Canary: I think nessaj put it up, but I'm not sure if he was the one who decided to make it"

"[08:32] <Nessaj> I already said I don't want strat responsibility :D dont have time "

Tydeus: "I had nothing to do with the banning, outside of providing links to battles and screenshots of strategus. I was asked for my opinions on what I thought should be done, multiple times. Each time I specifically stated it was up to everyone else.

19:17 <Tydeus> up to everyone else
19:18 <Canary> because of conflict of interest on your part I presume?
19:18 <Tydeus> absolutely"

So Murdertron obviously runs strat by the look of it.

Summary

I do understand how this is borderline by the rules but due to the timing of events. The way it was handled and the fact that one of the Strat admins profited by this, I couldn't be fucked wasting anymore time playing strat5 with any effort. I consider that Tydeus's involvement in this and the way it panned out is closer to cheating then what I did and without doubt a conflict of interest that he was involved at all, without even considering that he profited from it.

The rule changes to this strat are a massive backward step from strat4 in regards to balance also, so it wasn't a tough choice in me giving a fuck. At least in strat4 small clans could afford good gear. There wasn't too much thought put into the changes in my opinion and based on what we have all experienced from Tydeus's weapon balance 1st hand I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to decide these silly changes that make the bigger clans bigger.

The rest of this strat I will effortlessly grind gold for the purpose of sending in ninja's to rape the gforce S/D. For this cause I am offering 1g crpg/1g strat for any amount and will also be willing to take donations. S/D raping pics will be posted. That will be the extent of my efforts.

Strat3 was really fun helping Muki while he showed me the ropes, strat4 will forever remain a fond memory of mine and the war against and honorable opponent in FCC was heaps of fun/XP for me and hopefully everyone involved. Bring on strat6 with some well thought changes.

This post will be locked from the start as I have no interest in reading the trolls replys I just wanted to state my disgust and thoughts.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Who is incharge of Strategus5?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:30:19 am »
+5
What a nice thread. I'm glad to post in such a nice thread.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:38:57 am »
What a nice thread. I'm glad to post in such a nice thread.

It is nice, and it's good to see how glad it has made you. But I have posted much recently so I am only ambivalent about posting here.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:35:22 am »
+2
dat necro
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
How the fuck did this thread get unlocked? Seriously? PMSL corruption is all over the unlocking  :rolleyes:

Locking again and as before have no intention to unlock  :rolleyes: