Author Topic: Revival patch: Que!?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Revival patch: Que!?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 10:47:52 am »
I honestly do not comprehend how a title can be a motivation to play, that's not even a carrot dangling in front of you, more like a piece of wet cardboard.

You literally manage to pick the only thing that has become harder to grind to get upset about. Rejoice, you went from being 40 million away from a 5 LP retiring award to being 40 million past it. 'The grind is no joke', that's why it got reduced. Perhaps realize the added fun of having a character that is able to pick an entirely new build every week, be happy about the heirloom exchange thing. Be happy that you level to 2-3 levels away from the highest level players in a much more reasonably time span. Be happy about a level 35 skip the fun character, with which you can try any competitive build anytime you want. You know, stuff that actually allows you to experience many more aspects of the game without any costs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:51:07 am by Teeth »

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 01:46:03 pm »
I honestly do not comprehend how a title can be a motivation to play, that's not even a carrot dangling in front of you, more like a piece of wet cardboard.

You literally manage to pick the only thing that has become harder to grind to get upset about. Rejoice, you went from being 40 million away from a 5 LP retiring award to being 40 million past it. 'The grind is no joke', that's why it got reduced. Perhaps realize the added fun of having a character that is able to pick an entirely new build every week, be happy about the heirloom exchange thing. Be happy that you level to 2-3 levels away from the highest level players in a much more reasonably time span. Be happy about a level 35 skip the fun character, with which you can try any competitive build anytime you want. You know, stuff that actually allows you to experience many more aspects of the game without any costs.

Apparently, we're having troubles reading this morning or perhaps I should have locked this. Teeth, its as though you took the briefest fragments of this discussion and dove into your input.
So... Let me throw it all back into perspective for you.

To begin, make no mistake. This was not about a Title, that was an acquisition I was working towards in the 34 to 35 gap along with the loom point gain which is 8.
Maybe we need a refresher.
Level 34 in the previous system was equal to --- Master title and a 5 loom point return for retirement.
Level 35 in the previous system was equa to --- Grandmaster and an 8 loom point return for retirement.

In the current and changed system...

37   1,003,125,954 -------- 110,099,555 5 LP, Master.
38   657,839,195 ------------ 8 LP, Grandmaster.

Now with that said... In the previous system I was just short of reaching the 35 retirement exp requirement. With the new patch, it's like a literal reset to Level 34, and that seems fucky to me and all of my time spent.

I get the significant attempts to benefit in all areas of game-play and available items.I'm glad the game has some life left in it.
However, that was at a cost to me and many other community members who were in a similar situation, I can think of 3 off the top of my head.
There's not many of us, and at that high of the exp range it does suck to have the time spent getting to that point thrown in my face.

Given I did state that I missed the warning notice, that's my fault. Either way, I and others are at a loss due to the change..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:15 pm »
+1
I read the entire thread before I posted, I often do, in which Heskey posted that he thought that the rewards retiring at old 35 were 5 loompoints, which is what I thought as well and on which I based my post. I see that is not the case, my bad.

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »
My favorite part is where this is the internet and people feel the need rub there opinions on people like it is there dick; of course that is my favorite part so I guess I came at the right time. (emphasis on came hnng)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 09:24:35 pm »
+1
I know Jaren isn't disenchanted by having a title snatched from him, but I'd just like to point out that I feel like a filthy, disgusting, vile neckbeard when I pop up in the server and I've got pink text proclaiming that I'm a grandmaster.

It probably has to do with Daruvian loudly proclaiming in TS when I show up "wow, you're one greasy cheesedick motherfucker having that title you fucking nerd"

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?