Author Topic: Throwing Lance is FUBAR  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Lance is FUBAR
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:55 pm »
Yeah and when you would throw it against Milanese plated armored knight you would not even do damage. So its is actually fine.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 11:57:48 pm »
Well since they nerfed the shit outa lance the melee is super weak now so you must carry a extra melee weapon. Lance goes perfect with polearm but they nerfed it like I said.

120 length, 99 speed, 22b, 29p is good for a weapon that doubles as ranged. Competes with a decent amount of 1handers.

So they devs think 3 lances to kill a medium armor dude is perfectly fine? They don't feel like this build is a waste of time? Seriously 90% of what I throw at are people not horses.

2-3 shots and two extra spaces for 0 slot equipment Vs. 2 shots to kill medium armor infantry and that's it? Even discounting the extra two equipment spaces, the current throwing lances deal 15% more potential damage with the ability to carry other weapons that help far exceed that damage potential for less upkeep. It's a buff in almost all practical scenarios compared to the last time it was 64p 1 ammo.

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:25:15 am »
+4
Since when is anything balanced with realism in mind when it comes to plate armor?

I'm pretty sure that hitting a plate armored guy with a light slashing weapon or a light blunt weapon on the chest shouldn't do jack shit, but that's obviously not how it works ingame.

Throwing just suffers a particularly large amount in overall killing power whenever they hit arm/hands from enemies raising their weapons since they have a small ammo pool, and they suffer more from weird crpg weapon slot/warband weapon slot logic.

With archery/xbow picking up ammo is less of an issue because you generally have enough ammo for a round unless you shoot from far away for a very long time, and you can avoid pickup bugs/having dead weight by dropping your quivers just by dropping your ranged weapon. With throwing you'll generally spend a lot of ammo very quickly upon engaging, and you can't drop "spent" throwing weapons, so you'll get screwed by buggy scavenging and artificially high weapon weight.

Some sort of workaround for cases like a single throwing lance taking up two slots, and two throwing lances of differing heirloom levels taking up 4 slots would also probably be handy.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 06:36:14 pm »
Cav is not OP you need like 20 looms at least. diffrent horses good communication between every guy inside the unit. Need fine builds. and for a throwing guy you just need to do skip the fun. and you can throw. so your arguments are as always invalid . because the where born in a weak mind. But i see the fact that this mod is now for a smaller target group of people. Who have actually no knowledge about medieval times so arguing with you will not work anyway. Because you have your knowledge from bad movies. And uneducated people.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »
And also not include the fact. That most of the people not even ride heavy horses. And its bullshit when like 5 people throwing at you this lances because everybody can now easily can do skip the fun and throw you down and ""you"" (ME) playing  cav for like 4 or 5 years now. And you get fucked up so easily. More like a troll move to buff this. It has nothing to do with balancing at all. Not even seeing the fact that most of the cav players not even effective as cav. Because you have a really hard learning curve until you get finally good. Not including the fact of idiotic maps. Who are played on eu_1. And the crazy amount of ranged. On Eu_1 anyways.

So there are already a lot of people against me. And buffing it is actually not fair at all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjV7lYP6hRw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:31:59 pm by Simon_Templar »

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 04:08:03 am »
Throwing lances are now weak in DTV. In battle they are still weak but slightly less since real players don't have as ridiculous stats as bots. But yeah they are barely adequate now. Also forget about cut damage throwing on dtv as it's nearly useless except for beginning waves. I don't expect a buff to throwing though because players hate ranged and that will never change.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:11:16 am by Lichen »