Author Topic: Suggestions Regarding Shield Spec Characters:  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Suggestions Regarding Shield Spec Characters:
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 05:50:04 pm »
I just think they need a massive weight reduction on shields to be put on even ground. Halve that shit, this would make shields in general much more attractive to every class. Doesnt need to code in a bunch of fancy buffs, simple and effective.

Shields should still definitely have a skill for them to be used, since they are pretty powerful tools, but atm just slightly weaker than they need to be.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:53:21 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Suggestions Regarding Shield Spec Characters:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »
+2
I don't see how allowing xbowers to have easier access to shields would make them any better off than they currently are. What would a shield even allow them to do, block in melee? Half of the xbowers just kite you, and the other half are at least competent enough in melee where they would probably fight better without a shield (since shields aren't exactly for dueling situations). Are people afraid that they could camp by being able to shoot and block projectiles? I hope you realize they can't reload while using a shield, so if they are blocking then they aren't also shooting, making it non-issue. And no doubt many xbowers would prefer the extra slot of bolts or a 1 slot weapon in place of a 0 slot one instead of a shield.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador