Author Topic: Thx for unleashing the next ranged shitstorm  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
Re: Thx for unleashing the next ranged shitstorm
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »
I call it bullshit, cav would wreck the archer team on any map except for siege ones.

Special event anyone? :p

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2014, 11:41:47 pm »
+4
I call it bullshit, cav would wreck the archer team on any map except for siege ones.

Yeah probably. Cuz you still have a team full of infantry after the horses die. As long as some people don't get dehorsed they can bump all the kiting ranged for easy kills. But if you get rid of all the horses before the end of the round it will be kited into a draw by typical archers. Typical cav player wouldn't dare go anywhere near more than 2 ranged huddling that have a clear line of sight around them though and look aware. So in reality I'm sure the cav would circle the border of the map wondering where AFK peasants are until the archers run out of ammo shooting across the map. Then everyone leaves out of boredom.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2014, 01:04:04 am »
Yeah probably. Cuz you still have a team full of infantry after the horses die. As long as some people don't get dehorsed they can bump all the kiting ranged for easy kills. But if you get rid of all the horses before the end of the round it will be kited into a draw by typical archers. Typical cav player wouldn't dare go anywhere near more than 2 ranged huddling that have a clear line of sight around them though and look aware. So in reality I'm sure the cav would circle the border of the map wondering where AFK peasants are until the archers run out of ammo shooting across the map. Then everyone leaves out of boredom.

Pretty much that. And if there's at least one accessible roof in the whole map, all archers will be there and cav won't be able to do jack shit.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2014, 02:48:56 pm »
Half the server on EU1 is archers or xbows again. Had to quit as I cant be bothered playing as archer all the time myself.

Much QQ, möd ded, no fun.