Poll

What forum title Tydeus deserves ? By now he should proudly wear one.

Modcrusher
48 (38.4%)
Patchbreaker
20 (16%)
Valourchopper
31 (24.8%)
Balancepounder
26 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: August 27, 2014, 01:15:15 am

Author Topic: I love Tyedus  (Read 7544 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Re: I love Tyedus
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 01:44:41 pm »
I don't really play anymore because I got bored and get better melee action in counterstrike but I think its fair for me to say that tydeus is doing everything wrong because 12\24 agi shield build with blue gambeson, huscarl shield and long espada is not stupidly op like it should be!

Go 21/21 and be a man HOGAN!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 06:11:06 am »
+1
Well there has been plenty of narrow minded retarded changes made this year and I cant think of one change that was made that actually made sense. But the massive nerf to cav takes the cake for me. Lets put some horses skill up by 3 and only do a mini respect of 3pts. Its like kindergarten maths failed. It didn't affect me as my cav alt was 15/27 anyway and I just put the points straight back. But im sure you fucked many high level cav players build with this stupid shit, like a lvl 35cav build that was 24/15 would only of been able to change to 21/18 and now couldn't even ride a large warhorse. That's just retarded.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 07:07:49 am »
24/15

8PS
5Riding
5WM

18 skill points

15/24

5PS
8Riding
8WM

21 skill points

See the problem? A partial respec without refunding all riding will possibly screw over many people who fully allocated their skill points. 9 strength and a refund of all riding points was out of the question as well since that would be close to a free respec. 3pts + a riding refund was a compromise between the two.

I learned later that something like 6pts may have actually worked out better, but there was still no good way to provide a fair partial respec. The 8 difficulty horses have since been reduced to 7 as well. 6 Riding still has access to many great horses so I don't see the problem. Each riding point provides access to horses on an elevating scale (1(0)->1(2)->2(4)->2->5->9(7))

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 08:27:11 am »
+2
Seriously what's the big deal about giving a 9pt respect when you totally change a class? Do you see my point?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 06:34:32 pm »
The point was no partial respec would  have worked correctly. Let's say there's a 24/15 with 0IF, 5 shield, 8PS, 5 riding, and 5WM. His ideal 15-24 would sacrifice shield to fill WM and riding. A partial respec would leave him with 5WM instead since shield isn't refunded. I didn't notice this until after the partial respec. It still would have probably been better than 3str so I'm not really disagreeing, it just had a few problems of its own. At the time, I was being overly cautious, especially since there was not much precedence for partial respecs for every difficulty change until recently.