Poll

Reused the amount of XP required for 1-30 and put it into 30-31 instead?

Yes
3 (50%)
No
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 21, 2015, 02:01:05 am

Author Topic: Leveling and starting new char. / Gen.  (Read 260 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Leveling and starting new char. / Gen.
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:59:27 am »
+2
I have a little suggestion to come with:

I am pretty sure I am not the only one who stopped playing cRPG or took a long pause from it due to retiring, we all wanna get those sweet looms but not everyone can afford them so we gotta grind  8-)

Many times I have been put off cRPG by simply having to grind my way back to lvl 25-ish before I feel that my gear and build actually matter and I can use equipment that I want too, instead of just sticking to peasant and "low tier" weapons, I can enjoy the peasantry for some rounds but the grind feeling of an MMO with backtrack quests just seeps over me, too weak to get any kills or have a huge impact on the game aside from blocking and just annoying the enemies tincans  :wink:

So I suggest we (maybe) put a lower amount of XP required to reach lvl 30 from 1-30. But we put that extra XP into 30-31 instead. We won't get our loompoint or gen any faster but we will at least have more fun / can play with our desired build a little earlier and don't have to Chat-walk into battle then go on YouTube to wait for the next round. With the amount of new players coming into the mod this would probably be a good way for them to get into the game faster and not stop mid-leveling since getting to 25-ish level takes a bit of time and they won't feel like the mod is too hard for them.

Inb4 get gud peasants visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
Re: Leveling and starting new char. / Gen.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:01 am »
As much as everyone likes to bitch about it, the progression is fun. Hitting 15/x or y/12 and feeling like you can contribute when you're low level is pretty fun.

But fresh players should definitely get a boost. I'd like to see new players get a bonus whereby they start at higher levels.

Gen 1, Level 20
Gen 2, Level 15
Gen 3, Level 10
Gen 4, Level 5
Gen 5, 0

Obviously we'd have to tweak the numbers and figure out a way of implementing these buffs without having douchebags exploit them for a marginal leg up on looms.

The only other problem would be the abundance of points causing noobs to do the classic/useless 1h/shielder/archer/horseman noob build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Leveling and starting new char. / Gen.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »
Get gud king peasant visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But really, im cool with it i almost have my 6th char to lvl 31 but I will retire none because of whatyou saud - i can get more fun out of a level 31 build then grinding back to 31 for that loompoint.  Doesnt seem all that bad, right? Well it does keep me from playing more - as I kinda lose the point in this game as its either a practicly full restart with that build or just grind on :€

Anyhow, would like to have

Still:

Get gud king peasant visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™