Author Topic: Rate the poke weapons.  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Enzo

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Rate the poke weapons.
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:52:57 am »
Hey guys, so I've been really digging the Pik...errr Long Spear lately and I'm wondering about other peoples opinions on the various poke polearms (2 attack directions). I was wanting to try some other out before I start looming a Long Spear and wanted to get some feedback on your experience with their strengths and weaknesses or which one you prefer. Thanks.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Rate the poke weapons.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:05:08 am »
Pokers are very good if they stay with their team and act as a supporting role. Do not try to be a hero if you can't side swing if you're going up against a strong opponent!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 09:30:37 am »
i have a masterwork long spear on BrunchLady, it is the best non-shield support pole arm since you can overhead and fight in 1 v 1 with it.

The pike is the best at support poking, but you can't 1 v 1. I have a deadly one on Cephalopopsicle (which has 10 Power strike! I break people.)

Awlpike is the best for poking with a shield since it just outranges lancer to stop their horse, and has the most poke damage with a shield. Hard to use 1v 1 with a shield, though. Good in 1v1 without the shield.

Long Awlpike is really good for a solo poking weapon. 32 pierce and nice range and speed.

English bill is the best at overheading, and is great in 1 v 1 too. absolutely amazing as a support weapon. Need to see more people use this beast.
The Swiss Halberd is it's counterpart. A bit faster, bonus to shield, nice cut overhead damage but it is shorter.

red tassle/warspear are pretty good fast spear&shield weapons. Good without a shield too since they can side swing. However, just a bit too short to be good for dehorsing. They can do the job, but it is a gamble.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:37:33 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 11:52:15 am »
Gonna try 10ps pikeman, too. Will report.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:54:49 am »
Gonna try 10ps pikeman, too. Will report.
I oneshot the majority of the player base with lunging held face stabs as they approach me and my friends. DAT SPEED BONUS. Something only possible with 10 PS.
I have never heard people call the pike an overpowered weapon and that I was a coward hiding at the other end of it, until I tried this. I lolled. Fear the one attack direction with 24 damage.
You have to maximize your damage when you have usually only one chance to hit, Maybe two.
I must note you can only get away with a high PS pikeman if you have knowledgeable teammates you are playing with. Otherwise, you need the athletics to provide support to a broad, constantly shifting team. People love to hit the WASD keys. COnstantantly.  They just don't ever stand still :(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:06:08 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 03:17:12 pm »
I've used the swiss halberd for the lulz and i love that weapon, its inferior to the english bill pretty much but i love killing people with overheads and stabs with that weapon.

I am shit with the long spear, the range fucks with me and i tend to hit teammates with it unless i am on TS with them.

In general, i find the GLB to be the better Pub teamwork weapon, simply because of the massive damage, decent range, and 4 attack direction.

Enzo, i've seen you play a lot and i've learned to avoid you until i rape your teammates. You're pretty damn good with that pike.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 02:05:04 am »
English Bill is great. Works nicely for support, and you shouldn't underrate it when it comes to a 1 vs. 1 either.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 04:47:51 am »
Best solo poke weapon is the long awl pike imo. Once you figure out how to stab through team mates, pike/long spear is best support. The longer halberds occupy a middle ground between the two. 

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 07:08:43 am »
English bill has a weird hitbox when you swing it overhead.It is faster than "89" as it says.
It is really good support/1v1 weapon if you know how to use it . Ofc more agility/athletics you have = more win win this weapon =)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:21 am »
English Bill is great. Works nicely for support, and you shouldn't underrate it when it comes to a 1 vs. 1 either.

agree, i used it quite secsesfully especally after this new patch, its faster then long spear, does more damage and in 1v1 combat many underrate it and get to cocky, so they end up wonder how the f***k did he kill me
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 12:15:45 pm »
In the last days I've been using the Swiss halberd on my 1H/2H character with 0 wpf in polearms. Surprisingly effective and very fun, though I am toast of caught by a shielder in a duel.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »
The 300 pike is really easy to stab through teammates. Tried it on DTV.