Poll

Should this Strategus be cancelled and a new one allowed to start?

Yes
71 (63.4%)
No
15 (13.4%)
obligatory pointless third option: "im gay :^] rofl"
26 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: restart strat early with last strats mechanics  (Read 2994 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: restart strat early with last strats mechanics
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 03:37:45 pm »
+3
This makes me sad. Sounds like a good idea, that was poorly executed, at least that's the feeling I get from reading into things.  I wanted to do stuff other than grind a multi!  Dammit, give me something to do other than NA_1, because I'm tired of it!

Called it. Mod is at a state of no growth and only decline. There are a lot of factors, but for new NA players, they really have nowhere else to go except NA 1, and i said "no new player is gonna last long in the hell that is NA 1"

Breidr, i was lucky, i got in a lil over a year ago, back when siege was still active, but i didnt start playing siege till months after starting this mod. I stayed away from siege and battle, because they were hopeless.

I spent all my time on DTV, which back then, HAD NO INVISIBLE WALLS, IT WAS COMPLETELY FREEROAM AND IT WAS AWESOME. Met most of my good friends on DTV, had a lot of my best and most memorable times on DTV.

Now DTV is dead, the maps are bad, and NA players dont like the concept of barriers ( GIVE US FREEDOM, GIVE US FREEROAM BACK, AND ID STILL PLAY DTV DAILY )

With NA 1 being the only option...i would have quit the mod ( i actually did quit the mod multiple times, to the point Canary was asked TWICE to restore my chars...thats how frustrating this mod can be for new players...and Breidr, has it TWICE AS ROUGH )
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »
I have the opposite problem with Crpg, i can put up with the strat map etc, but rage that i have to deal with public servers to grind ticks etc in order to play strat.

I basically love every part of strat apart from crpg, just wish it wasnt stuck with shitty warband/crpg mechanics to fight the battles. Browsergames all the way!

Tempted to downvote this for lack of roleplay.

Offline Breidr

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Stand Tall! Shieldwall!
    • View Profile
    • Breidr's Twitch TV Channel
  • Faction: Highest Bidder
  • Game nicks: Breidr
  • IRC nick: Breidr
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 08:46:23 pm »
+1
Called it. Mod is at a state of no growth and only decline. There are a lot of factors, but for new NA players, they really have nowhere else to go except NA 1, and i said "no new player is gonna last long in the hell that is NA 1"

Breidr, i was lucky, i got in a lil over a year ago, back when siege was still active, but i didnt start playing siege till months after starting this mod. I stayed away from siege and battle, because they were hopeless.

I spent all my time on DTV, which back then, HAD NO INVISIBLE WALLS, IT WAS COMPLETELY FREEROAM AND IT WAS AWESOME. Met most of my good friends on DTV, had a lot of my best and most memorable times on DTV.

Now DTV is dead, the maps are bad, and NA players dont like the concept of barriers ( GIVE US FREEDOM, GIVE US FREEROAM BACK, AND ID STILL PLAY DTV DAILY )

With NA 1 being the only option...i would have quit the mod ( i actually did quit the mod multiple times, to the point Canary was asked TWICE to restore my chars...thats how frustrating this mod can be for new players...and Breidr, has it TWICE AS ROUGH )

That's pretty much it.

Persistent Online Multiplayer = little green bar you have to fill, that's it.  The multi system sucks, but I'm not holding my breath on that changing.  I like games like this, hell, I pre-ordered WotR and was disappointed to see it just die.  In Native I can get on lopsided battle servers, or GK_siege, so It's not much better.  I stayed here because the faction/gold system in Native is not to my liking.

I'm close to just scrapping the whole NA_1 thing and just using a STF whenever a strat battle comes up, those are fun.  I like hanging out with Frisia and others on TS, and if it wasn't for that TS, I'd be out of here.

As for Siege and DTV, both are empty most of the time, at least in NA.  EU DTV is populated in the morning, but is bloody boring and only used by me to crank out EXP at the beginning of a gen so I can wield more than a wooden sword.  Siege seems to be very map dependent and needs certain amount of people, which rarely happens.  The multi system means Siege isn't that rewarding either.

If I just want to fight, I go to GK_Siege if no one in Frisia is on.  I can only stomach this mod with friends, it's just not worth it otherwise.

I was hoping to give strat a go and give myself something to do in the genre I like other than die and stare at x1, but I guess I'm too late to the party.  :(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:39:41 pm by Breidr »

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:35 pm »
A lot of people in the community are willing to help out solo folk.  Ganner, for a long time, held onto a castle and a fief by himself.  Desire took out a few villages and a city this round.  Granted, as the round goes on, it may become harder to hold onto something solo, but I know last round several people did it.  Just takes some getting used to.  Or hook up with Frisia.  They're active.  Next round for strat will start in a few months, so it's better to get your feet wet now.  Think about it... better to make the mistakes now when it's ending than next when it's...not.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 02:33:13 am »
Strat is only hard if you play alone without any diplomacy or brain, with good relations and free trade you can gain few mils of Shekels in no time.
(like i did)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 04:32:55 am »
You don't have to be an active strat player to be in the battles.  Just go here http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesupcoming and sign up.  It's pretty rare for anyone to get a full roster, and even if they do there's usually a lot of no-shows.  Just make sure you have Teamspeak.

And the experience is awesome (unless its a peasant battle).

Also if you want to get into Strat, just join a faction.  I hear the 13 Knights are awesome. http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=ladderoverviewclans#!?page=claninfodetail&id=3184   They decided to become a fearsome mercenary faction, and will be quite happy to help you get started.

I am enjoying Strat, expecially the cat and mouse game you play with enemy armies.  The only crap thing is that it takes soooo long to build a decent army now (ever since the padded heraldic armour just wouldn't cut it anymore).