Poll

Replace the old ugly Kaftan by the new beautiful Kaftan!

Yes, replace
7 (53.8%)
No, don't
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Retextured Kaftan  (Read 319 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Retextured Kaftan
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:45:18 pm »
+5
Talking about the default Kaftan, not the Blue Kaftan. I have retextured it, so it looks better. Don't worry Turks, it still looks like a Janissary uniform:

OLD UGLY KAFTAN
(click to show/hide)

NEW BEAUTIFUL KAFTAN
(click to show/hide)

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
FAQ:

Why is the new beautiful Kaftan more practical than the old ugly Kaftan?
(a) It is compatible with a wide range of leg armor. Anything dark works. That is Turkish Shoes, Mongolian Leather Boots, Eastern Leather Greaves, and Eastern Black Greaves, for example. The old ugly Kaftan works only with Blue Hose. All other leg armor looks crappy with it.
(b) The old ugly Kaftan looks ugly with any hand armor you could put on it. The new beautiful Kaftan can be combined with Black Leather Gloves, Light Strange Gloves, and Black and White Gloves. Less obvious choices like Heavy Plate Gloves and Wisby Gloves probably look okay, too.

Why is the new beautiful Kaftan any beautiful?
Together with the compatible leg and hand armor pieces we have, it will combine red and black elements. Red and black is a classy combination of awesomeness.

Does the new beautiful Kaftan still look like a Janissary uniform?
Yes.

Really?
Yes.

On the screenshot, the old ugly Kaftan looks fatter than the new beautiful Kaftan. Why is that?
Because I gave the model of the Blue Kaftan a new texture to convert it into the new beautiful Kaftan. The Blue Kaftan looks thinner on female characters and as big as the old ugly Kaftan on male characters.

Your graphics are asscrack-ugly. What are your PC specs?
Yes, they are ugly. My PC is very old and slow and tends to overheat, I will buy a new one as soon as I got the money (I am a university student and haven't got a job yet).
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Retextured Kaftan
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:46:57 pm »
Tydeus: If you decide to implement it, write me a PM and you get the dropbox link to the .DSS texture file.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:00:39 pm by Panuru »
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:52:00 pm »
where is her neck?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 03:12:41 pm »
where is her neck?
I removed it, I did not like it.

(click to show/hide)