Author Topic: noob question  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Pizza_Cat_Speedy_Cerviche

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
noob question
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:41:03 am »
im trying to change my guys name and its still pending is there anything i need to do like make that charator or edit my current one with the proper name? or do i have to jsut wait?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: noob question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:41:18 am »
name change is only for adding clan tag or maybe generation (ie..Diggles IV, to indicate what generation I am).

Devs have specifically posted they wont change names, you have to keep your reputation.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:58:20 pm »
im trying to change my guys name and its still pending is there anything i need to do like make that charator or edit my current one with the proper name? or do i have to jsut wait?

After you enter your name change, you must make another character with that name and play for a few minutes so the database registers you (just play until you hit level 3 or so). When the name change takes effect (assuming it was approved) then your old name character is deleted and the new character is given those stats and gear.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:21:17 pm »
After you enter your name change, you must make another character with that name and play for a few minutes so the database registers you (just play until you hit level 3 or so). When the name change takes effect (assuming it was approved) then your old name character is deleted and the new character is given those stats and gear.

This is not true. You really need to stop responding if you don't have a clue about how stuff works.

You are trying invalid name change, full name changes are not allowed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:23:18 pm by Vargas »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
This is not true. You really need to stop responding if you don't have a clue about how stuff

In my defense, I am saying what a Developer told me how it works a month ago when I enquired on how name changes work.

If it was changed, or I was being trolled, then I am sorry.

As for the rest of your message, why the hostility? Also why did you word your post to where it insinuates that I regularly post false information?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 06:23:14 pm »
name change is only for adding clan tag or maybe generation (ie..Diggles IV, to indicate what generation I am).

Devs have specifically posted they wont change names, you have to keep your reputation.

Does this mean that changing ranks is also allowed, our clan (and many others) have a large amount of ranks and I would hope that this option is available.

E.g SoA_(x)_RisArch--->SoA_(y)_RisArch
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 02:33:54 pm »
Awww tears getting burned for trying to be helpful.   :rolleyes:
Anyhoo, nice avatar, i like the change. Bit feminine though.  :wink:

No full name changes allowed anymore.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 07:06:59 pm »
Anyhoo, nice avatar, i like the change. Bit feminine though.  :wink:

Heh, thanks. I am still undecided whether to go back to my old avatar or not, or have another identity crisis and pick something new or just stick with this one.