Poll

Should we implement "Light, Medium, Heavy" Armor Classes

Yes
9 (50%)
No
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Item Categories Heavy Medium Light  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Item Categories Heavy Medium Light
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:52:39 am »
Here is another crappy idea from yours truly:

I remember chadz often saying that he didnt wan't everyone using the same items, but he wanted people to customize their characters and have their own, individual chars.
Lots of people have done this by following a certain look. You get Middle Eastern Spearmen, Viking Axethrowers, Weeaboo Samurais and all that crap.
These are all fine, but my look, the knights, is extremely hard to do. The gauntlets alone cost a fortune to maintain, not to mention the Gothic Plate with Bevor and the Charger.
Thats why I'm suggesting that when you buy a piece of armor or a horse you get to choose if it should be light, medium heavy. This can also be chosen once for all the armor one possesses.
Having a light armor would just about half the requirements, weight, stats and upkeep cost. A medium armor would be 3/4 and a heavy would remain the same way it is now.
That way you could basically have people look like whatever they want without them being overpowered or costing a shitload.

An addendum would be allowing the changing from one to the other whenever the player wants. For example, in an armor, one could choose to leave certain parts of the armor away, thus reducing weight and upkeep cost as well as protection. On a horse, you could remove a certain amount of armor.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
Re: Item Categories Heavy Medium Light
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:15:45 am »
I don't think it's a good idea because you would have no idea whom you are facing. Is that tincan a plated monster so I better take my blunt weapon or is he just a tincan in disguise outspamming my poor slow hammer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:03:52 am »
You have a point that there are only full plates. Where are the single breastplates, that were actually quite frequent in medieval times?

For the rest, I have to agree with Freland. It doesn't make sense. If you face someone on a charger in plate armor, you know what to expect. Would be weird seeing knights go down in two hits.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:17 am »
Won't happen imo. Apart from heirloom modifiers, "what you see is what you get" is our doctrine. However you can donate light breastplate models or whatever and if it's good, we'll use it.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:02 am »
Won't happen imo. Apart from heirloom modifiers, "what you see is what you get" is our doctrine. However you can donate light breastplate models or whatever and if it's good, we'll use it.

meh, got no time to do modelling. bummer
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »
Heavy peasant tunic.