Author Topic: Unban Arenbrand  (Read 469 times)

Offline Bildur

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unban Arenbrand
« on: May 22, 2014, 06:18:37 pm »
Dear Patoson

You banned Arenbrand_van_Utrecht for teamkilling. To ban for teamkilling is ok, but we had lots of teamhitters there... I was in Teamspeak with Arenbrand and played with him. I'm a Crossbowman and it makes me very angry, when teammates nudge me, kick me, slash me or hit me while I'm reloading. And that was exactly the action Seljuk_Vagina_Inspektor did. I often wrote in chat, that these actions are annoying and I always got damage (cause of light equipment)... You can proof it in the log... But nobody want listen to me. So, i reported Seljuk_Vagina_Inspektor for one of lots of teamhits in this round. I told Arenbrand, that these freaky actions make me angry and I often die in game because of that. Arenbrand and me are good friends and i know him good. Today he got really angry... He feels sorry for his teamkill but he also says: If nobody reacts, they do it always to crossbowmen or archers.

My question is: Can you please unban him or ban the teamhitter too? It would be only fair when you punish the two bad guys or unban Arenbrand_van_Utrecht. I already reacted to his action: I degraded Arenbrand in my clan. So I excuse me for his teamkill.

I have another question: This game is for 12 year old kids... boys and girls too... I have a little sister: She is 12 year old and want to play this game too. So I'm asking me how could be allowed to have a name like Seljuk_Vagina_Inspector. Where is the youth protection, if the admins ban for teamkills but not for names which are inappropriate for little kids?

Yours faithfully,

Bildur (Harry)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
Re: Unban Arenbrand
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 07:05:59 pm »
I have another question: This game is for 12 year old kids... boys and girls too... I have a little sister: She is 12 year old and want to play this game too. So I'm asking me how could be allowed to have a name like Seljuk_Vagina_Inspector. Where is the youth protection, if the admins ban for teamkills but not for names which are inappropriate for little kids?
The game is not made for 12 year old kids.
(click to show/hide)
Your sister can play the game if she wants to, but don't expect the game to have any sort of profanity protection.

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 07:17:37 pm »
These guys are long Adult they are good friends of me and we play a lot togehter on Eu1 and Arenbrand is a very friendly player but he never trolled and i bet it is his first ban!
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »
It is not his first ban, and team-killing is not allowed, no matter the reason.

If you are really being griefed, report the teamhits and/or get proof of it for an admin or a ban request.

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »
The game is not made for 12 year old kids.
(click to show/hide)
Your sister can play the game if she wants to, but don't expect the game to have any sort of profanity protection.

Well the game is rated for 12 years by the USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle, "Entertainmentsoftware Selfcontrol") which is rating games in germany and because of that the age limit is 12 ;)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »
Well the game is rated for 12 years by the USK (Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle, "Entertainmentsoftware Selfcontrol") which is rating games in germany and because of that the age limit is 12 ;)

(click to show/hide)
The game is not made for 12 year olds. What USK rates the game makes no difference. Most parents let their kids play games rated 16 by PEGI before they are 16, but that doesn't mean that the devs should make the game more child friendly.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 08:50:20 pm »
What if he literally inspects vaginas?

If that USK thingy rated the game for 12 y/o s , that means they took the risk of encountering these kind of nicknames too.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:13 pm »
Please do not spam the ban section. If you are not involved in the case, you are not supposed to post here.

Sorry. I forgot to answer that question about age. As posted, the game is rated 16+, so actually those 12-year-olds shouldn't technically be playing the game. Anyway, I'm sure that, by that age, children already know the word "vagina" (and "penis"), and, as far as I see it, "vagina inspector" could be interpreted as gynaecologist, which is a profession like any other, and I don't see any offence in that.

Unless that player starts harassing/insulting/being rude to the girl for no reason, I don't see why that name shouldn't be allowed.