Author Topic: Headshot Multiplier  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Headshot Multiplier
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:14 pm »
Last time something annoyed me. I shot a player in the head with powerdraw 5 and strongbow 154wpp , after this in chest and he still survived (all in all 44,625 Damage).
The range was  up to 10m. What a crap you cant kill someone with headarmor 53 and body armor 51?
The shooting rate has been decreased so far and i cant kill someone with a headshot plus chestshot? Thats a bit weird isnt it?
Most of us HRE agree that spaming lances or axes subtitutes archers, but archer cant even shoot as fast as lances were throwed. And Throwers do more damage in adition!
If there is no headshot multiplier than we need one! Its ridiculous for evry archer to hit the head each time so we need at least a bonus for headshots!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:36:44 am by Lanic0r »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Headshot Multiplier
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:40:14 pm »
Last time something annoyed me. I shot a player in the head with powerdraw 5 and strongbow 154wpp , after this in chest and he still survived (all in all 44,625 Damage).
The range was  up to 10m. What a crap you cant kill someone with headarmor 53 and body armor 51?
The shooting rate has been decreased so far and i cant kill someone with a headshot plus chestshot? Thats a bit weird isnt it?
Most of us HRE agree that spaming lances or axes subtitutes archers, but archer cant even shoot as fast as lances were throwed. And they do more damage in adition!
If there is no headshot multiplier than we need one! Its ridiculous for evry archer to hit the head each time so we need at least a bonus for headshots!

... um, no ? Helmet is to protect someone. Body armor too. Spamming throwing is different problem, and will be fixed somehow. But don't come with flawed argument that one broken thing should be countered by second broken thing. It's just plain wrong.

Most likely you hit two times in the chest.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:00:44 pm »
... um, no ? Helmet is to protect someone. Body armor too. Spamming throwing is different problem, and will be fixed somehow. But don't come with flawed argument that one broken thing should be countered by second broken thing. It's just plain wrong.

Most likely you hit two times in the chest.
um no! I know when i hit a head. the arrow doessent stuck in the body and the head is RED  :lol:
And what broken thing? I dont care that lancer throwing (spaming) faster than i can shoot but no Helmet can stand a Headshot even the modern Helmets in army!
And as i described, its very hard to shoot in the head;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:02:35 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 07:18:53 pm »
As far as I can tell, arrows no longer have a 3x multiplier for headshots because they're no longer piercing damage.  I think cutting is a 2x damage multiplier, but I'm not sure.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 07:32:08 pm »
um no! I know when i hit a head. the arrow doessent stuck in the body and the head is RED  :lol:
And what broken thing? I dont care that lancer throwing (spaming) faster than i can shoot but no Helmet can stand a Headshot even the modern Helmets in army!
And as i described, its very hard to shoot in the head;)

Modern headshot with modern weapon, sure. Medieval headshot with medieval weapon don't work this way. First, arrow can bounce off if shoot from some angles, then it can fail to penetrate good enough.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 08:05:55 pm »
As far as I can tell, arrows no longer have a 3x multiplier for headshots because they're no longer piercing damage.  I think cutting is a 2x damage multiplier, but I'm not sure.
Ok, then we need to make a differents between the arrows, best bodkin arrows costs you more but got Pierce damage?
Its all about the ballancing you know, i thnk it would be fair to have the chance to kill with headshots!
The fromula for kinetic energy is E=0.5 x m x C² and without thinking too realistic but a throwed war dart kills you because of headshot with a max. speed of 120 Km/h and a 300 km/h flying Bodkin arrow doesent? Thats not NICE  :lol:

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:12:56 pm »
The main purpose of a helmet IMO is to make 1-shot headshots impossible. So I don't think an arrow should oneshot unless you got no helmet/light helmet
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:29 pm »
The main purpose of a helmet IMO is to make 1-shot headshots impossible. So I don't think an arrow should oneshot unless you got no helmet/light helmet
Think about the throwing war darts and pls keep thinking for a while before trolling

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »
Think about the throwing war darts and pls keep thinking for a while before trolling

Yes, they're broken horribly at high PT, like heirloomed daggers (which are cutting and kill you in two shots if you're wearing armour), and so on and so forth. Spammable oneshot weapons, now people are wearing less armour.

Some genius at taleworlds decided ranged need higher modifier to damage from powerdraw/powerthrow then melee (for powerstrike), for reasons I can't fathom. Which leads to our balance problems in turn, where someone can twoshot a fighter in quality mail with a throwing knife, then throw another one the next second.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:02:48 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 09:38:57 pm »
Entire damage system in this game is somehow flawed. It don't take into consideration many things that would affect it irl. Current damage of arrows try to represent it better than before. Throwing is still not done in proper way. As are melee animations.
"Clava curva pie vinco"