Author Topic: Increase night time timer  (Read 513 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Increase night time timer
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:42:38 am »
+8
please can you increase the night time timer from 8 hours to 12

this is the third battle shogunate has lost when we've attacked at 10 o clock at night, and the battle has been moved to 6 in the morning (when none of our players can play)

http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=828

and please make it so that the night time of the defender is shown on his village as well; currently if you attack a village at 10 o clock you have no idea if that will be moved to 6 am

thanks, Corsair
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Increase night time timer
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »
+1
I like the idea.  or remove it altogether..

But if it stays, the village should certainly have the night time shown
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »
+4
No, that's a shit idea and will be abused even more than it already is.  I think at this point I would like automatic pre-set 12 hour night times that can't be changed.  Obviously offset a bit for EU and NA.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 03:36:00 pm »
+4
No, that's a shit idea and will be abused even more than it already is.  I think at this point I would like automatic pre-set 12 hour night times that can't be changed.  Obviously offset a bit for EU and NA.

we attacked a village with 1000 well armed attackers last night against free peasant gear

we attacked at 10pm my time, and as you can't see the night time of the defender by clicking on the village i assumed that wasn't too late
the guy we attacked set it to 10pm - 6am, none of our guys could show up at 6am so we lost the battle

the guy has now changed his night timer to 8pm - 4am

the night time thing is just a ridiculous feature tbh; there should be no battles at all between 12 - 12 gmt IMO (on the EU server)
in a game where someone loses 1,000 well-armed troops to 200 free gear peasants because of a dodgy night time feature you know something's wrong ..

i know that the majority of guys in my clan have jobs and have university and other commitments than strategus; can we not make it so there is a default fixed place 24 hour night time that someone can't change seconds before a battle in order to force a battle that the attacker can't possibly turn up to?

like i say, it's just gamey as hell if the defender can win with 200 free gear troops against 1,000 good gear troops because of a gamey feature like that :/

edit: not to mention the night before we lost another 1,000 troops because one of our members accidentally hit the "cancel this battle" button instead of the "save roster" button and somehow because he clicked that (there is no "do you really want to cancel this battle?" message), 1,000 of our troops apparantley just had heart attacks and died.

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 06:17:37 pm »
+5
Yes and it's complete bullshit that the night time settings extend the reinforcement window.  Anyway, if strat is this dead, they should set mandatory night times to funnel the battles into reasonable times to increase participation.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:15:51 am »
+2
Yes and it's complete bullshit that the night time settings extend the reinforcement window.  Anyway, if strat is this dead, they should set mandatory night times to funnel the battles into reasonable times to increase participation.

on this i completely agree, there should be a 12 hour window, which is beneficial for everyone from spain to russia (a time which is reasonable for both of them to play), where battles are fought

12 hours is easily enough to get in all of the battles of a day