Author Topic: How to play shielder properly .  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: How to play shielder properly .
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 11:57:57 pm »
It might have been true before, but I'm pretty sure it's not nowadays.
You could read this thread: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/just-another-test-this-time-strength-and-movement-speed/
I think I have seen some of the devs saying it directly, but I can't find the link.

There used to be an info on the website about str reducing weight penalty, but it wasn't true. confirmed by cmp.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 08:10:40 am »
Well, while str doesn't reduce weight penalty, one could say that the less agi/athletics you have, the less your penalty is, since it's percentage-based.
So of course you would notice a much bigger penalty with 10 athletics than you would with 4.

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »
+2
if you will, 2 cents)

First thing I have to mention that your main job is not to kill the enemy !

in my opinion, it is suitable for any class: warband - a team game, and as sooner we understand this, as better) no sarcasm

What are your main objectives as shielder ?

the fact is that  shielder is a kind of "salt of the earth" or "fat of the land" as you more like) shielder captures the position and protects it - he is fighter for space rather than killing. every fight forms two opposing lines, shielder's place in the front row of this lines. you should understand that in the battle for victory, for result, not fight for the sake of the fight - you either attack or defend. on this basis, you either break enemy lines or do not let it break your line. and yes, in both cases you will get more damage as from enemy, as from mates -its shielder's job)

Epic weapons of shielder
...in general, the ability to quickly kill 2 vs 1 is one of the most important for shielder. you need to take the correct position relative to the enemy - ideally, he should be between you.
 and pls, do not wait for your turn to hit) delay could cost your life to your spaming mate)

Play defensive !

well, i think you should play defensive when it necessary. and when it necessary you should be as more aggressive as you can. each local fight has some sort of timing.  learn to feel the moment when the situation requires your active actions. implementation of such moments - one of the most important qualities of shielder, as non1vs1unit.

thx HarunYahya for subj and spam more left!)