Author Topic: Bec/Long War Axe tweak  (Read 1756 times)

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
Re: Bec/Long War Axe tweak
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »
The bold part, which you want to ignore, is where the real difference is. Pierce (plus blunt in secondary mode) >>>>>> Cut. One (axe) is a versatile all-in-one type of weapon, whereas the other one is specifically for penetrating high armour and is one of a kind.
34p is better than 42c against anything heavier than medium armor, 26p is much better than 16b in the stab, it has a secondary mode with blunt damage, ...
Bec being faster would make it too strong imo.

Also don't forget that heavier weapon has better chance to stun the opponent's weapon. IMHO that should also count when balancing speed factors.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »
As a Great Long Axe user (MW has 92 speed) I notice sometimes I can hit incredibly fast. Think that's what they call hiltslash. Requires being really close and some footwork though, I haven't figured it out enough to use consistently.
Yet I also should notice that 1h and 2h can do incredibly fast hits as well, so... hard to tell what is most OP.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:41 pm »
As a Great Long Axe user (MW has 92 speed) I notice sometimes I can hit incredibly fast. Think that's what they call hiltslash. Requires being really close and some footwork though, I haven't figured it out enough to use consistently.
Yet I also should notice that 1h and 2h can do incredibly fast hits as well, so... hard to tell what is most OP.
aaaaah :idea: i alsways thought hiltslash would be something like a nudge, soemthing activated by a special key  :rolleyes:, damn took me to learn that shit 3 years :lol: Thanks for that explanation! Well then there are several players who can do so on a regular base. On EU servers f.e. Pepel, Elmuri, Tor(the first one where i noticed it years ago), Nokeyboard and a few more. They all have fairly high athletics so they can position themselves to the left/right and "slightly behind" of their opponents and then left/right swing while face hugging. There is not much more to it. Works like in 70-80% of all cases and is pretty much without any animation, just the sound that you got hit and the dumb feeling that something just went wrong without being able to point the finger onto it.

Now the question is, is this "animation abuse" or is it a viable tactic? Is it something which could be changed by stats adjustment or only by also adjusting the swing animations of polearms?

Also no argument that 1h is and but also should be powerfull because of speed. Therefor 1h has less reach and less damage. For me the question is more shouldnt 2h/pole have more problems in movement speed because of longer and heavier weapons they use then 1h(1h/shield, the shield already gives restrictions in several ways in terms of weapon and movemetn speed)
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 07:43:34 pm »
As someone who used to wear plate 24/7, the bec did horrifying damage to me each swing regardless of angle, while the LWA would glance sometimes and do far less damage.

Balanced.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:42 pm »
+1
Whether you glance or not, I've found relies mostly upon your footwork and build.  It's hardly a deciding factor to a weapon's effectiveness that you're making it out to be.

Longer and Heavier should not be faster. This should be common sense.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 09:33:51 pm »
+1
Nerf bec  :mrgreen:

No but seriously Gurnisson we must know more about the girl in your signature.

EDIT : Lol - Gall and Kaokid...it's called a joke diaper boys.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:23:50 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 10:18:45 pm »
+1
at least stay on topic

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 03:57:37 pm »
I believe Long Axe's speed should be nerfed by 1 though, currently it's too fast.
long axe and not the longsword!?