Author Topic: Constant headshots?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
Constant headshots?
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:45:55 pm »
Have not played in a while. Started back and now it seems like I'm getting headshot 5 out of 8 rounds.

Bit much yeah?

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Constant headshots?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:30 pm »
+12
use WSAD to move. Helps vs headshots

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:47:53 pm »
+1

Recent changes (thanks Tydeus) to various range has highly encouraged accurate and fast range over the more traditional hard hitting powerhouse range (which has now slow projectiles).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »
Eh... no wonder there are more arrows than I remember.  Spam city.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:05:51 pm »
I love how the topic title shows an interrogation mark.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:55:32 pm »
+9
Recent changes (thanks Tydeus) to various range has highly encouraged accurate and fast range over the more traditional hard hitting powerhouse range (which has now slow projectiles).
Terrible idea, high missile speed ranged weapons throw all skill out of the game and completely prevent dodging. Strat is a nightmare because laser machinegun bows. General missile speed nerf please. Ranged will have to lead more, bigger difference between good ranged and bad ranged and more ability to dodge.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 01:52:20 am »
+3
I love how the topic title shows an interrogation mark.

im sorry a what?  a question mark?

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 09:05:42 am »
+1
im sorry a what?  a question mark?

Quote from: Wikipedia
The question mark (?; also known as an interrogation point, interrogation mark, question point, query, or eroteme),[1] is a punctuation mark that replaces the full stop (period) at the end of an interrogative sentence in English and many other languages.

You fool.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 09:52:37 am »
+1
Terrible idea, high missile speed ranged weapons throw all skill out of the game and completely prevent dodging. Strat is a nightmare because laser machinegun bows. General missile speed nerf please. Ranged will have to lead more, bigger difference between good ranged and bad ranged and more ability to dodge.
IMO highest missile speed should be one that rus bow have atm. It's strongest compound bow, that's why it should have highest missile speed.
Nerf  missile speed should be hit IMO bows wich gain most in last path - low tier bows like nomad and tatar, rest is ok IMO and even Teeth will agree with me.
Archer forever :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 09:47:46 pm »
+1
I think the internal bow rebalance from about 6 months ago (or so) was pretty fucking bad.  From an outside perspective it seems so ass backwards.  I'd gladly give up some damage to have not only the fast draws in the game, but also some of the fastest missile speeds. 

IMO (for balance sake) the bows that draw the quickest, should have the slower missile speeds. 

And don't pull out your realism bullshit card, the devs constantly say realism is not something to balance around, except when it suits their argument (i.e. with the bow "balance"). 

I generally think the new balancers (and the most recent balance changes) have been really great for the mod.  Even in instances I disagree with, I think they are at least on the right track and their intentions are pure.  But they shouldn't be above criticism or re-balancing when they fall short.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:57 pm »
Take a shiels to avoid headahots as well. Even if its without any requirement.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: StuLLe
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »
I really agree that low tier 1 slot bows need a nerf, either in missile speed or the accurracy. It is insane how long I can hold a mw nomad bow at dot point accurracy, which really takes the skill out of archery, making headshots way too easy, which even with a low damage bow do pretty nice damage, especially still one shotting anyone with light headgear.

I believe it would not only bring back to that class what this game stand for to me, that is being one of the few games out there that are skill based and need dedication and practice to "master" it (with restrictions because of for example ping or balance issues), but it might also solve the problem of the really annoyingly high number of ranged we have recently.
Also the "realism bullshit card" doesnt even apply to this case, because a longbow obviously will give a higher missile speed to fired arrows than a tartar bow, at least it does with my very noobish understanding of physics. But anyway I think "realism" should never be an argument to balance any game, for the simple reason that reality is just not balanced at all^^.

Maybe instead of nerfing missile speed another way would be to decrese the accurracy of the 1 slot bows somehow and by accurracy i mean not being able to hold them at dot point accurracy for a minute as it is now. What do you think?

While I am at, maybe you could clear up for me how the accurracy mechanic works. My longbow has more accurracy listed, but my nomad bow is like 10 times more accurate. Why is that?

If you can't kill the wolf, don't pull its tail...

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 12:15:10 am »
Low accuracy archery is terrible. I optimized my build for Nomad Bow and Tatar Bow because I want to hit my target based on skill, not on luck. I am okay with a low damage potential and I think archery is fine the way it is at the moment.

The main problem why melee players complain about archers is that it is the only viable option to play ranged with highlevel chars. Crossbow accuracy is hardcapped at some point, and you don't get a better aim even after investing a shitton of wpf into xBow. Throwing needs PT and WPF to be good, just as archery needs PD and WPF. The required skills and levels for a good char are the same in both areas. But then again, throwing has low range and ammo (implying that melee skill is required), and the damage on cut throwing weapons could be better. This is why every dedicated ranged player with an highlevel char will respec to archery at some point, the archers are either strong or accurate because of their level, and this is what is pissing people off.

I don't know if anything of this is convincing to the biased flamers among you, but please think about what I said. I played xBow till level 34, archer till level 35 and I got 2 alts with different throwing builds I keep retiring. So the "random my old friend babbling bullshit"-argument won't work to silence me.

Keep in mind that most of the QQ about archers is actually QQ about highlevel players.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 07:53:53 am »
+1
Also the "realism bullshit card" doesnt even apply to this case, because a longbow obviously will give a higher missile speed to fired arrows than a tartar bow, at least it does with my very noobish understanding of physics. But anyway I think "realism" should never be an argument to balance any game, for the simple reason that reality is just not balanced at all^^.
I made a research after this update about it. I was thinking the same as you since bow's damage determined by arrow , faster the arrow hits the target,higher the impact would be therefore would cause more damage. But we have an inverse proportion of bow damage and missile speed in cRPG after the patch , that didn't make any sense so i dig in.

I found out self bows(like longbow) were shooting heavier arrows compared to composite bows (Tatar etc). As conclusion,selfbows were dealing massive damage at close range but couldn't be used to hit directly at long ranges therefore they invented indirect volleyfires but composite bows were able to shoot direct shots to longer distance.
Since we have no indirect volley fire option in cRPG, it made sense to have lesser missile speed on selfbows.
Although i am certainly sure that devs didn't know that, they just made this change to balance the game without giving a single fuck about rational explanation of why it looks like they fucked up physics .