Author Topic: Any Cav build difference with agility change?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Any Cav build difference with agility change?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 04:18:50 pm »
Would a heavy horse go fast enough with 8 riding to actually annoy peope?

I have a heraldic barbed at +3 now, I know it's shit but I love how it looks. I guess it's not really a heavy horse? Maybe buy an unloomed plated charger?

I would not think so.  My rule of thumb is to never go more riding than minimum needed for your horse of choice.  You will see a slight speed and maneuver increase, but unless you're riding side by side with someone on the same horse with less riding, you won't tell the difference.  And you won't be going much faster than them unless you're riding from one side of a map to the other.  Compared to the alternative (having way more power strike) you're better off going "min" riding. 

Barded aren't really "heavy" Horses, but they are still damn good horses.  So are the padded horses.  I would consider War Horse and up to be "heavy" horses.  (war horse is my favorite heavy horse). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 06:25:30 pm »
+1
Shit, Smooth, I was drunk when I posted. I'm 18/21, not 21/18.

Still a terrible build and will probably respec soon to something less shitty like yours, but w/ 1h/shield.

Would a heavy horse go fast enough with 8 riding to actually annoy peope?

Not really. You'd be about as fast as the lighter horses on a heavy horse w/ 8 riding, but maximum trolling would be a courser or Arabian or destrier. Fully loomed coursers are almost-kind-of-survivable. It really depends on your play style.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 09:16:54 pm »
Just sharing...
Some time ago I respecced my 34 lvl main to HA, "manly edition". My HA lvl 33 build was 15-24, 5 PS, 100 wp in 1h, 8 riding. Used arabian warhorse and arabian cavalry sword.
Yeah, that was fun. 8 riding and maneuverable horse makes it pretty effective even in city-like maps. You still most often onehit kill archers and overall damage is quite nice except when you have low speed.

I rage respecced again short time after that, though.