Author Topic: Changes to DTV  (Read 492 times)

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Changes to DTV
« on: March 24, 2014, 01:36:11 am »
+9
1. Move Japanese rounds after the Tihr army. The ninjas and weaboos have snowflakes and their Japanese steel that doesn't take long to finish a man in plate. Mylet is the boss for the Japanese that easily one shots people in the head with his throwing knives. The first 3 waves of peasants, bandits, and nomads are easier then progressively gets harder and that's the way it should be. The ninjas and weaboos are harder than the next 3 waves after them. The french women are easier to kill than the spamming of the katanas and nodachies. The Tihr are harder than the french but still easier than Japanese waves. After the Tihr, comes the hordes of the defenders of the virgin. They are easy to take down since most of them wear armor that takes 1-2 hits to kill. I'm saying to move the Japanese before the Saracen raiders.  :D

2. Make kick time longer. My game loads slow sometimes and I don't make the time to check ready and spawn in. It is helpful to keep the server from being full but it's annoying when I get kicked trying to spawn in.

For non-readers, move the Japanese waves back before the Saracen raiders and add more time before being kicked at the beginning.

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
Re: Changes to DTV
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 06:55:33 am »
Yeah, I have not a clue as to why the ninjas are where they're at; they're pretty tough.

The kick time is extremely annoying as well. If I turn to check my phone for a text or email, I might as well have just quit the game.

+1
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 09:03:26 am »
The Ninjas have a special Thomek Script. Thats why they so hard  :mrgreen:

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:46:44 pm »
As a long time(ish) DTV player......
(click to show/hide)

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:22 pm »
DTV Fundamentally broken - i.e. fucked - for everyone except EU servers it is now designed for. RIP DTV.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:23:00 am »
+3
Just to play devil's advocate, EU does get further on DTV on most maps than NA, but that's mostly only when they have a full (or near full) server and most of the peeps are organized. At the very least, their shield walls don't break up when 1 guy dies. When NA actually has enough players (about 15 or more) then we get fairly far sometimes. I've seen a group of 15 go up to the last wave of Saracen!

Now, as for OP, ninjas moved.....agreed. Extend time to join.... even more so, agreed. A few ppl in my clan ALWAYS get kicked from this (they have slower internet speeds I think) when they try and join.

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 01:53:10 am »
+2
Just to play devil's advocate, EU does get further on DTV on most maps than NA, but that's mostly only when they have a full (or near full) server and most of the peeps are organized. At the very least, their shield walls don't break up when 1 guy dies. When NA actually has enough players (about 15 or more) then we get fairly far sometimes. I've seen a group of 15 go up to the last wave of Saracen!

Now, as for OP, ninjas moved.....agreed. Extend time to join.... even more so, agreed. A few ppl in my clan ALWAYS get kicked from this (they have slower internet speeds I think) when they try and join.

fast reaction and helpfull. Thats why we like u so much :)

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 03:56:54 am »
+2

What's really annoying when I get kicked right after I click spawn. Then I have to wait until the waves are dead to join in. :/