Author Topic: Repair on throwing weapons  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
Repair on throwing weapons
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:31:47 am »
I have noticed that with the way repair works, if I have 4 stacks of the same throwing weapon equipped it can break up to 3 times in one round.  Compare the best Xbow to the best throwing weapon.

Siege Xbow + 3 stacks of basic bolts (don't try to tell me you need steel bolts) = ~11650 gold buy price.

If it all breaks you pay ~582 gold repair price.

4 stacks of Throwing Lances = 10800 gold buy price.

It can break 3 times in the same round for a total of 1620 gold.

This seems very imbalanced to me, the Throwing Lances can AT MOST get 8 kills.  The siege xbow can get up to 40 kills if they are headshots/low armor, lets call it 20 to be fair.

What is everyone else thoughts on this?

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
Re: Repair on throwing weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:34:22 am »
What is everyone else thoughts on this?

like before patch crossbow is too good, especially with the huge archer overnerfing
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:35:56 am »
You really didn't read the OP at all did you?  This has nothing to do with power of crossbows, but upkeep cost of throwing versus everything else.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero

Offline Surol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:45:25 am »
yes its out of wack for sure.

its just not worth it anymore to throw. odd seeing as even small tribes seem to throw and we cant afford it in game.

just started playing the 2.01 but before the patch i was down to pesant gear shield and axe.

this game is not for the casual player anymore.

you have to grind a bit in no repair gear till you can have enough to use your good.

im a bit new to this game so the haves who put in all the time pre patch hording for this moment rap now and leave the rest in nothing.

there is almost no hope to get out of pesant gear now for some.

Offline Ingenium

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:55:38 am »
yes its out of wack for sure.

its just not worth it anymore to throw. odd seeing as even small tribes seem to throw and we cant afford it in game.

just started playing the 2.01 but before the patch i was down to pesant gear shield and axe.

this game is not for the casual player anymore.

you have to grind a bit in no repair gear till you can have enough to use your good.

im a bit new to this game so the haves who put in all the time pre patch hording for this moment rap now and leave the rest in nothing.

there is almost no hope to get out of pesant gear now for some.

This is the most inaccurate thing I have seen posted. I started this game one week ago and it was a horrible grind to even get 1000 gold to afford 1/5 of the weapon I wanted. With this patch I have quickly gotten capable armor and a number of sweet weapons. In fact I would have been able to buy a plated charger by now if I didn't spend it all on a ton of other stuff. At any point that you are wearing less than 25k stuff, you are making enough money to build up a great treasury. I know it sucks for people who had played enough to be tincans, but as a peasant this patch is incredible and allows me to at least be competitive equipment-wise.

Offline Surol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 04:58:08 am »
oh yea you can buy it just cant put it on since it will break.

i had just made enough coin to buy plate and it set me to even numbers k/d in fights. spent all that time playing up to gear i cant use.
now i see old names that run around in that same armor still but they just seem to shrug off the cost to it. not me i have not played long enough to hord the coin like they have.

so now im stuck in pesant gear after paying off the 4 damage to thrown and 2 damage to my plate and the 1k from the sword i used in a shirt.

all and all it ran to well over 40k im sure since thats what i know of after my gold was wiped out.

yes great changes you will never be in plate.

right on.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:05:15 am by Surol »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 10:34:35 am »
Surol this is not about how you want to be in better armor than other people, this thread was about throwing weapons upkeep being much higher than other weapon loadouts.
I wear a gambeson normally, and a tunic over mail when i have extra cash and by god that thing makes me feel fancy.
It is like wearing plate armor back in the day, and it is cheap. This patch is soooo friendly to peasants, I love this.  In a week or so those plate guys will run out of reserves.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:16:25 pm »
I use throwing lances, always take 3 stacks of them, thats 6 lances, with that you can kill 6 people top. Mostly only one stack breaks every now and then sometimes 2 but never 3. Repair cost is 540g per stack, thatc 2 lances, if 2 stacks break its 1080g, and thats resonable for me, couse with lances if u play smart, even if u miss a lot, you can reshoot about 15-25 times depending are u able and willing to go and get them after u miss.