Poll

This change would be:

dumb
complicated
good idea but improve (specify in post)
Exactly what we need!!!
take your medication

Author Topic: Battle - multi system: Losers get Revenge and Map Choice  (Read 457 times)

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
Battle - multi system: Losers get Revenge and Map Choice
« on: January 23, 2014, 12:32:19 am »
+4
Hello fellow warriors!

Tonight I lay awake and suddenly an idea struck me how to improve c-rpg battle in ways of team balance and gameplay depth.
Now we have some kind of clan-stacking and more or less random team-generation every map and a more or less random map-cycle.

My idea was following:

1st) Arrange the maps in three categories

• a) Maps with open terrain (open plains and hills with not much cover - good for cav and massive melee)
  • b) Maps with some cover (ruins, villages, canyons - good for archers)
  • c) Maps with confined terrain (towns, dense wood, caves - good for streetfighters, stalkers, ambushers)

2nd) At end of first map winning team gets the Multi as usual. But let the losing team vote for next map (next three maps in the cycle voteable - each category a,b,c one map to vote for). EDIT: if there was a commander, maybe let the commander decide the map poll.

3rd) Let the losing team have a revenge in the same configuration with same players (except of autobalance) in the next map, they voted for - no new teammatchup.

4th) If losing team won the revenge they get +2 Multi (or teamvalor). If revenge failed, winning team gets another +1 Multi.

5th) Continue with new random map and new teams.

What it is good for?

The losing team has a chance for revenge on a favorable map. If the losing team was outgunned by cav or range they can choose a better suited map to win against them and if they succeed the whole team gets valor.

And it would be nice to have a little bit more choice about the maps being played. Vote system should be good implemented though, maybe with little preview pictures of the maps to vote for.

The problem
Its frustrating to get beaten up by a superior team on two different maps. And may be its to easy for superior team to get Multi. Still its nice to have a revenge on a fresh map I think.

I have in no way any skill or insight in the coding or deeper gamemechanics. So tell me, if you think this could be done in this mod or in m:bg.

cheers
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:54:16 am by Eugen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Battle - multi system: Losers get Revenge and Map Choice
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:36:01 am »
Problem with that is teams change every map so it wouldn't be the same team vs same team
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:38:49 am »
True. Dont know if it is possible to code it the way i wrote, so teams would stay the same for the revenge game.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:40 am »
I really dig this idea but (as mentioned) the engine might not allow it.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:56:31 am »
Bump.

Dear Devs. Anyone can fill me in if this would be at least a technical possiblity?