Author Topic: So I got this one modding tool...  (Read 247 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
So I got this one modding tool...
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »
For Final fantasy VII, But when I open it I get an error that goes like:

BFE.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. There is an icon of earth and noteook (no, not laptop ) on the left-upper side of the error window.

Could anyone offer some advice what the hell might have happened please? I already tried reinstalling .NET framework, but nothing changed.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: So I got this one modding tool...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:00 pm »
Do the usual obligatory dance whenever something doesnt start: Reinstall game and the tool. If it still doesnt work search in commentsections or the tools forums or whatever or ask for support there and check tools readme(assuming there is one), mybe you missed some important step. Nothing else to go on really. You just said it crashed. That doesnt say a lot.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: So I got this one modding tool...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »
Do the usual obligatory dance whenever something doesnt start: Reinstall game and the tool. If it still doesnt work search in commentsections or the tools forums or whatever or ask for support there and check tools readme(assuming there is one), mybe you missed some important step. Nothing else to go on really. You just said it crashed. That doesnt say a lot.

Well the tool is just extract and use, so there is nothing to reinstall.

Also there is another tool called Wallmarket editor (for modifiying armor, weapons, character stat growth) that crashes with exact same error.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.