Author Topic: Armour deflecting missiles?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Armour deflecting missiles?
« on: December 23, 2013, 05:41:51 am »
Can it be done in warband without the armour deflecting melee attacks as well? (that is armour that deflects missiles not missiles that deflect armour)

I am of course talking about plate. This would have to be combined with the removal of pierce damage arrows.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 07:03:44 am by owens »
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
Re: Armour deflecting missiles?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:28:53 am »
+1
What?

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:47:30 am »
+2
Look I understand that some people have access to loomed armour (+10 armour) but I think heavy especially plate armour should have another advantage other then #swagg.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Dermik

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • DEFENDING_THE_STAIRS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Defending_the_stairs,Conqueror_litchin,Fagssassin
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »
Look I understand that some people have access to loomed armour (+10 armour) but I think heavy especially plate armour should have another advantage other then #swagg.

+10?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AKA : DEFENDING_THE_STAIRS

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »
+2
mw hand gear + mw body gear= +10 armor bonus
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Dermik

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • DEFENDING_THE_STAIRS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Defending_the_stairs,Conqueror_litchin,Fagssassin
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 01:31:42 pm »
mw hand gear + mw body gear= +10 armor bonus
Oh okay. I was confused like there is something more than a master work! :o

AKA : DEFENDING_THE_STAIRS

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »
+9
I think in general something should be done about the protection that armour offers you against ranged. I find that when I wear full Gothic Plate I can fuck up in melee a lot and get away with it, but when it comes to sources of damage which I can't trace back to my own mistakes, ergo ranged, it does not really help. When I wear 55 body armour it takes 2 arbalest bolts to kill me, when I wear 74 body armour, it takes 2 arbalest bolts to kill me. I've had arrows do 40% of my hp per arrow with 74 body armour, 21 strength and 6 IF. All heavy armour does is make you a much slower moving target, effectively preventing you from dodging missiles, while not making you much harder to kill. Medium armour + heavy gloves is better than plate in every way.

I only wear Gothic Plate because I like the look of it, especially with a Flamberge, but I'd pick medium armour over it any day if it comes to sheer effectiveness, and that is without considering the hefty price tag. I say make armour offer better protection against ranged as I feel it is currently a disadvantage to use heavier armour because it slows you down as a target.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »
+1
When my build is a tank, I dress like a tank and pay upkeep like a tank - I should actually feel like one. Not the case atm. Except for looks and lols there is no reason to wear plate of any kind.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:10 pm »
Thanks for all the decent replies.

I would like it if the plate type armours gave protection against almost all cutting missile weapons. This sounds unfair but as plate is otherwise not worth the cash that must be invested.

This will solve some of the ranged problems and make plate feel more like plate. Cost or weight might have to go up.
PK is back

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »
+1
I would like it if the plate type armours gave protection against almost all cutting missile weapons.

Who the fuck uses cutting missile weapons  :?: lol  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 11:15:29 pm »
Who the fuck uses cutting missile weapons  :?: lol  :lol:

Mylet.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 11:54:40 pm »
Only longbows with bodkins should be able to pierce plate. Would make plate viable and longbows viable.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 01:10:52 am »
+1
Plate protect against low base damage weapon, cut weapons, cut projectiles and early attack animations. But as soon as you have pierce/blunt and you aim your swing nicely, plate only cover a fraction of the damage or not at all for the most powerful weapons in the game (mauls and big axes, throwing lances, arbalests, ballistas). I think it is correctly balanced so that only the weak can not do any damage against plate, the average can still hope and the strongest can kill.

What is really problematic with plate, is the upkeep. Most of the expensive piece of equipment in cRPG comes with a terrible weight or speed, thus poor manoeuvrability: something that the 5% raw value for repair cost doesnt take note of.

off-topic:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:18:09 am by Butan »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 06:20:33 pm »
I think in general something should be done about the protection that armour offers you against ranged. I find that when I wear full Gothic Plate I can fuck up in melee a lot and get away with it, but when it comes to sources of damage which I can't trace back to my own mistakes, ergo ranged, it does not really help. When I wear 55 body armour it takes 2 arbalest bolts to kill me, when I wear 74 body armour, it takes 2 arbalest bolts to kill me. I've had arrows do 40% of my hp per arrow with 74 body armour, 21 strength and 6 IF. All heavy armour does is make you a much slower moving target, effectively preventing you from dodging missiles, while not making you much harder to kill. Medium armour + heavy gloves is better than plate in every way.

I only wear Gothic Plate because I like the look of it, especially with a Flamberge, but I'd pick medium armour over it any day if it comes to sheer effectiveness, and that is without considering the hefty price tag. I say make armour offer better protection against ranged as I feel it is currently a disadvantage to use heavier armour because it slows you down as a target.

Well said Teeth.