Author Topic: no loom = x2 XP  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: no loom = x2 XP
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:36 pm »
Besides, what do you think when you introduce an eternal double exp system for players who don't use looms or are gen1 will happen? The Hetmans and kinngrimms and Egos among us who are level 35+ will not level to 36, but to 37 just because they can. The difference between their level and the one of a noob who just started playing will be even greater. It would even be realistic to plan a level 36, 37 or 38 build to reach one day, and as soon as these people are done, they get their looms out their closets and dominate all the servers.
I disagree with all of your arguments but can't be arsed writing out the other one. This one though, I am not sure you quite understand the amounts of xp required for level 37 and up. Going from 36 to 37 is probably about 1500 hours of playtime assuming max gen bonus and double xp because of no looms. 1500 hours of playtime without using any looms, I can tell you now, nobody is going to do that. Looms are a way bigger deal then getting a higher level and playing without them for such a time period is not going to be perceived as worth it.

Even then, the difference will be smaller, because of the gaps for leveling getting progressively bigger, with double xp for both Hetman and a new player, their levels will be closer after an even numer of playtime than without. Do the math if you don't believe it.

Refering to your avatar: A real sir does not downvote every post of people they don't agree with. It's not a nice way of discussing. Different opinions help finding results and thus, help the developers. You can downvote kinngrimm when he designs a TC about himself in the EU TCG thread to tell him he's not the centre of the universe, or a Kapikulu who gets all mad and makes a thread about it when someone jokes about the correlation between teamkills and his clan, or Nightmare798's posts out of tradition...
Well, this is just a disagreeance on the function of the post voting system. I use it to mark both shit and good posts which also extends to valuing posts containing opinions I find constructive to what I like the game to be and those that are harmful for what I like the game to be. I don't really see the difference with downvoting a shit suggestion of Nightmare or downvoting an in my eyes shit rebuttal of a good suggestion. Many other people use it the same way.

Logic reasoning works only when there is no argument about the observed facts. If you want to prove that C causes A, therefore no B, gather data and run a regression analysis. Then you can come back with your inferences. Otherwise, how about we just respect that one can see this differently and we stop arguing about it?
Okay then we are at an impasse. You keep on believing that the low level server is empty because new players do not want the 1,5x xp rate, do you mind if I consider it a dumb opinion though?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »
worst suggestion ever
I spent much time for getting all those mws because i wanted to get advantage. i had to fight on public servers and strat battles with lvl <=30 so it made alot of discomfort... and you, poor fresh player(i dont know who are you but if you are suggesting this - you have no looms probably) want to fight with simple equip against full loomed players without any penalty to you but for them... what a bullshit. actually masterworks are not as good as much money and\or time you have to spend for getting one.

its nice suggestion for leechers also.

lol

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 09:58:47 pm »
oh Dark_Blade, your so .... cute^^

I have loomed equipment and will keep using it. I made this suggestion because i play a lot of crpg now and dont want that it dies now.