Author Topic: Half-Sword  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Half-Sword
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »
Half-swording on the really short 2H like bastard sword can be annoying, your thrusts are much shorter reach than you think until you get used to it.

It's more of a shank, really. I always treated it as more of a rondel-type playstyle... with all 4 attack directions (well, used to be 3) at once and with the ability to block. For some reason polearm stabs seem quicker the shorter your weapon is... so with the super short longsword stab, it is quite speedy, and quite effective. I can often times hit twice if I get a first hit in. Not to mention if you play it like a support class... never attack anyone directly, flank them whilst they are attacking your allies... they can't even turn around to block you in time for the 2nd hit, and 2 hits is normally all it takes with speed bonus on your side (which you should have, assuming you know how to play this game :P)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Half-Sword
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 07:08:52 pm »
Bastard type weapons are not meant to be used like the other greatswords. The point of their polearm mode is the polearm with a shield mode.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D