Author Topic: Best swashbuckling wep?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Best swashbuckling wep?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 11:30:11 am »
+1
alright, thanks for the help guys.

also, is the long arming sword a decent swashbuckling weapon? I ask because I already have a loomed one.

Yup, will do just fine. It's basically the lower tier version of a KAS. It has a nice stab, so don't forget to use it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »
+1
You must also consider your STR/AGI and what armor you wear. Ideally, if you want to wear heavier armor and get more STR you need a longer weapon. I also find it, without the weight added from your shield you will be considerably faster compared to shielders. That also means swashbuckler class is a better at using thrust oriented swords. Although that doesn't mean you have to use it just because of that. Simply use what you like and suits your build. Every type of weapon tends to do well in confident hands.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 03:27:31 am »
+1
I've found the 99speed 95length weapons to be a good compromise point.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »
+2
As of now I have to say the long espada is probably one of the more effective swashbuckling weps. It has balanced stab and swing damage, meaning it performs admirably at both (and because of this, has a pretty high stab damage). It is also on the longer side, which means that it is pretty good for all swing directions so long as you are careful with the overheads. Many shorter swords aren't as good at doing some swings since anyone with a longer 2hander or polearm will outreach you in all directions. The short spammy 1handers are great of course if you are going for agility. With low - medium athletics though, you want a good length.

Personally on my shielder I use the spathion, since I pick all my loadouts simply on looks alone, and then force myself to become proficient with that weapon. I like to pretend that it is a spatha rather than a spathion... that would make it a roman cavalry sword, and roman swords are incredibly sexy considering their simplicity, imo. The spathion is very similar to the long espada, simply slower and has more cut damage, meaning it is better for swings rather than only stabbing (which you can very easily pull off with the super fast long espada). I find it very easy to get stuck playing as a 1handed hoplite with the longer 1handed stabby swords, so unless you want to be really predictable, make sure you switch it up. The spathion helps you remember to swing since it hits pretty hard. The long espada however... well... pretty much everyone using one I have met since the recent patch is a 1handed hoplite.

The long arming sword seems like a decent middle ground between the long espada and spathion... it is simply a faster but weaker spathion. Looks like a decent choice if you couldn't decide between the 2.

Also, if you are planning on high agility, and maxing weapon master and athletics, then I would suggest a shorter, faster 1handed sword, like the liuyedao or niuweidao. With 8+ WM you can spam those things faster than people can block, no joke. Of course you will be missing a stab, and as phew pointed out you will be more prone to block stuns, but with high agility you can simply dodge their swings with practice. The shorter nordic swords aren't a bad option either.

tl;dr: experiment and find what works best for you. Or, find something you find sexy and just get used to it. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador