Author Topic: new mode  (Read 525 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
new mode
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »
+2
How about a new mode? Battle and seige are good but seige is very hectic and unrelenting and battle can get repetitious and stale. What about a new mode which combines the 2? It'd be like battle where you get 1 spawn per round except it'd have a capturable flag. All remaining players of the winning team of each round would remain alive at the rounds end and all the dead on the winning team would respawn at their default locations. The losing team would of course all respawn at their default locations. This would create a sense of 'progress' and a goal to the map and make strategy and tactics important. Before someone says that's kind of what strategus is I will say strategus is not something many regular players play or can even get in. So a regular gamemode like it that is accessible to everyone would be nice.

Offline musketer

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: new mode
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »
+1
There was a nice sige mode some time ago, it was realistic siege mode and amazing to play, I dont know why they removed it! There were many flags displayed along the siege map and you had to capture them one by one by sectors, you also could see the map by pressing a button and it was just amazing and funny has hell because there was a massive improvement in tactical gameplay! but they removed it and that is fucking bullshit  :?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:10:45 pm by musketer »

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:06:50 am »
There was a nice sige mode some time ago, it was realistic siege mode and amazing to play, I dont know why they removed it! There were many flags displayed along the siege map and you had to capture them one by one by sectors, you also could see the map by pressing a button and it was just amazing and funny has hell because there was a massive improvement in tactical gameplay! but they removed it and that is fucking bullshit  :?

yeah that was nice, i think they removed it because it was glitchy. flags didnt reset properly at the start of rounds
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:27:40 am »
yeah that was nice, i think they removed it because it was glitchy. flags didnt reset properly at the start of rounds
"ehh, dat mode is broken...
what to do what to do, oh I know!
let's remove it!"
-_-

Let's just say that new xp system is a long due. (I think that is the real reason for removing it)
(click to show/hide)

Offline tisjester

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: TitsJester
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:30:57 am »
I agree. The only thing limiting re-playability is the lack of variety. DTV is kind of fun for about 1 hour. Rageball isn't fun at all. We need more interesting gamemodes like the one mentioned above.  :D I'm sure they'll bring the good siege back when it's all fixed up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:46 am »
I want to see a Team Death Match server...

Players spawn like a siege server, maybe with increasing timers depending on number of times a player has died that round (like strat but faster climbing timers)
Rounds last 5 minutes, team with the most kills wins.

maybe make it so players who get valor are worth 3 kill points when you kill em  :mrgreen:

Also the domination game type similar to the one in Battlefield would be nice... 3 flags spread across the map... bring a flag all the way to the top and it starts ticking points for your team for as long as you control it and keep it held. Respawns like a siege server.

The one thing I hate about battle server is I always die early, end up watching horse archers run around or an xbow player hiding behind some terrain for the next 3-5 minutes. Feels like for every hour spend on battle server, 10 minutes of it is actually me playing and 50 minutes is watching.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:24:34 am by Sir_Hans »