Author Topic: Sir, You are being Hunted  (Read 638 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Sir, You are being Hunted
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:49:20 am »
+2
Saw it the other day on the steam early access marketplace and decided to check it out.  Apparently you scavenge for food, supplies, etc in an attempt to survive on a island that is solely inhabited by british robots.  These robots have tophats, large mustaches, pipes and spew off one liners about hunting you, they also send out their robotic hunting hounds to get you as well. 

Your only survival comes from locating these large pieces to a teleporter so you can escape the island, which are located randomly across the whole island which is procedurally generated.  Of course the whole game is still in development and it definitely shows in the gameplay, however it seems to be turning out nicely from the images and videos i have looked at. I myself have not purchased it, however i was intrigued by it and would like anyones thoughts on it if they have played it or plan on doing so.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Videos by the developer

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Sir, You are being Hunted
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:35 am »
I got it, it's really unforgiving.  :oops:   It was fun but they make it really hard to find the parts, they say the smoke will give them away but once you find like four you can barely find any without looking forever!

It is definitely a unique game but could use more development. I might not be able to see the smoke well because my pc sucks, I dunno.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:39:36 am »
They said it is incredibly tough and that you should expect to die quite alot, i also read that they are introducing permadeath in a later build, though im not sure if this is just a game mode or if they plan on changing the game itself for this, as currently it has a save option.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:29:38 am »
If they make permadeath it needs to be way easier with less parts to find. So i'm guessing it's going to be a separate game mode. They are also making multiplayer which should be fun.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 04:18:01 am »
So this game is released now. I finished this game today. Its awesome but flawed and does get quite repetitive.

Glad I didn't try out alpha and waited till release, its really the way to go.

FTL and this are on my "Kickstarter delivered" list. are there any other good games release from kickstarter I'm forgettting?

Haven't played bana saga yet, and I know xenonauts will be on the list because I played a ton of the alpha ;)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 12:35:45 pm »
So this game is released now. I finished this game today. Its awesome but flawed and does get quite repetitive.

Glad I didn't try out alpha and waited till release, its really the way to go.

FTL and this are on my "Kickstarter delivered" list. are there any other good games release from kickstarter I'm forgettting?

Haven't played bana saga yet, and I know xenonauts will be on the list because I played a ton of the alpha ;)

Is there actually a site, or page on kickstarter which shows released kickstarter products? All you can see is funded ones, but not released.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »
Is there actually a site, or page on kickstarter which shows released kickstarter products? All you can see is funded ones, but not released.

dont think so. would be a good idea for a site tho, should also list those in progress and those which went under or failed miserably. because although kickstarter is making awesome games exist, I would bet overall its ripped off more gullable idiots than it has satisfied customers.