Author Topic: stabbing with long weapons  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: stabbing with long weapons
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »
Sky-stabbing. Basically stab upwards to get momentum and drag it into their face to deal as much damage as you can. Start easy by just blocking and doing standard sky-stabs back. When you get more used to it you can start wiggling your stabs as well, which basically means holding attack while moving the spear around and releasing it when you believe your opponent will drop his block. Works very well, even on good players. Wiggling it from side to side across his face/body for then to do a quick sky-stab is quite easy and works well with a little practice.

No disrespect, but teaching someone how to abuse an engine glitch is quite a dick move Gurnisson.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 11:50:04 pm »
+4

No disrespect, but teaching someone how to abuse an engine glitch is quite a dick move Gurnisson.
Shut your whore mouth, you cunt
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:55:38 pm by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 05:54:43 am »
There's no reason for him to withhold his advice. People helping each other out, isn't that what communities are all about?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 10:33:52 am »
There's no reason for him to withhold his advice. People helping each other out, isn't that what communities are all about?

There is a difference in advising someone how to be better at the game, and telling someone how to abuse a glitch of the engine.

But fuck me, I forgot that abusing glitches is as common here as sand in desert, so scratch that.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 11:24:15 am »
+2
As Teeth said, the "glitch" is pretty much necessary since people can walk into you so that your pointy weapon is inside them (zomg glitching ban they) and completely nullify any "legitimate" stab attempts.

I'm not even going to go into how weird it is that shorter stabby polearms can glance/be blocked at all on cloth armor when the tip is touching them, if it weren't for all the balance problems it would cause you should just be able to push the weapon into their squishy bits without any tricks.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 12:52:36 pm »
As Teeth said, the "glitch" is pretty much necessary since people can walk into you so that your pointy weapon is inside them (zomg glitching ban they) and completely nullify any "legitimate" stab attempts.

I'm not even going to go into how weird it is that shorter stabby polearms can glance/be blocked at all on cloth armor when the tip is touching them, if it weren't for all the balance problems it would cause you should just be able to push the weapon into their squishy bits without any tricks.

True, there should be something done about the noclipping weapon. maybe make it collide with character, so they cannot move past the point when the weapon is prepared for stab?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 01:52:29 pm »
+1
If you had actually used those weapons more, you would've understood it. My first few days or weeks (being a year or two back, can't keep track of time) involved a lot of "wtf-glances", and with the thrust-stun, that would give your opponent a free hit often. Of course you would look for a way to avoid it, if you want to improve at the game. Yes, it looks retarded at times, but I can't be arsed giving an auto-win to my enemy because of that ridiculous thrust-stun. To be honest, these 2d polearms were never as retarded as the 1h attack nudge at its worst. I ran around 2-3 shotting strength builds in heavy armour with an agility build and a scottish. Nudge => Free head-hit. Play normally until cooldown is over, free hit from nudge again. Getting free 33 pierce hits to the head every couple of seconds was just ridiculous. :lol:

I preferred the longer stabby weapons more before the turn-nerf. Stabs weren't as instantenous as they are now, making most stabs easier to chamber and therefore more risky for the user (because thrust-stun again), and people dragged stabs from the side more than from the sky which gave less head-hits and, again, slower connection.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:47 pm »
+1

lucky he didn't teach him the gurn jump spin roflcopter :D still works sometimes i got khorin with it the other day ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 04:26:44 pm »
when i started to use polearms (my current gen: 7) i got so frustrated cause i had no idea how to fight facehugging enemies (mostly played dtv)
was at the point of quitting polearms and going back to 2h (im an awful 2h'er :D) until people showed me how to sky stab, or turn stab and stuff, and now i found the build and class i find to be the most enjoyable one and im a lot more successful with it than when i was 2h for multiple gens, or 1h and ranged etc

so why not help someone who might find a lot of joy in playing it as well, in the end of the day, fun is what its all about since its a game

it might be exploiting mechanics, but which class does not do that? for pokey-polearms it is just the most obvious

and helping someone new to the class not to GTX it right after trying it out is everything but a dick-move
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 04:29:26 pm »
So which playstyle isn't seen as scummy by the c-rpg community?

Right now?
Polearms or GTFO apparently.  It's the weapon type for good players is what I hear.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:00 pm »
+1
Right now?
Polearms or GTFO apparently.  It's the weapon type for good players is what I hear.

Donkey-riding Pugilist. If someone gets kills solely with Donkey Punches, they are truly the best cRPG player.